The Student Room Group

Waking up

This week I've missed all my seminars and lectures due to being a lazy **** and sleeping through.. is there any way to get me up aside from going bed early? I tried going bed last night early but because of my bad sleep schedule with going out nearly every night, couldn't sleep till 3-4am.. it's not just missing lectures and stuff, on my days off I want to be up for about 10am or else I feel crap waking up at like 2pm and missing half the day already..
Set an alarm? I had this problem last week but realised that I can't afford to miss lectures all the time as it will be fairly hard to catch up on all the work and other stuff. Although I was just having a terrible week.

Or do something tiring during the day so that you feel more tired earlier and can sleep not so late?
Going to bed earlier is the only way. Get into routine, have a healthy diet get regular exercise. Also drink coffee to give yourself a boost if you feel tired. Remember this is your education and your money. Please use it wisely.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
You survived getting up early for all of secondary school and presumably your A-levels, you can't figure out how to repeat this process?
Reply 4
I feel you dude! It's been so hard after freshers to get into a routine, but literally you have to force yourself to go in! The amount of times this week My alarm has gone off and I've rolled back over is stupid! I found the whole setting an alarm and putting it far away from your bed so you have to get up to turn it off thing really works! xD like other people have said, it's your money and your education! :tongue: it's not too late!!! ^^
Get a loud/annoying alarm. Make sure you set it. Stick it on the other side of the room so you have to get up and turn it off :wink:

e: Just realised the poster above me said that. :redface: Must be good advice :h:
Reply 6
Original post by KJane
You survived getting up early for all of secondary school and presumably your A-levels, you can't figure out how to repeat this process?

Mostly because my mum would get me up and bring me a cup of coffee

i go to the gym 3-4x a week as well lifting, but I'ma try and read before I go bed tonight, see if that shall help
Reply 7
Original post by Ahbhee1
I feel you dude! It's been so hard after freshers to get into a routine, but literally you have to force yourself to go in! The amount of times this week My alarm has gone off and I've rolled back over is stupid! I found the whole setting an alarm and putting it far away from your bed so you have to get up to turn it off thing really works! xD like other people have said, it's your money and your education! :tongue: it's not too late!!! ^^

sounds like a good idea, I'll try that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending