The Student Room Group

Pee in the shower. Save water!

Scroll to see replies

I already do this, except I only have a bath.
Reply 21
Original post by nerdcake
Toilet drains don't stink if they are kept clean. Seeing as you're not going to be passing any solids into your shower drain you're not going to clog it and let it get stinky. Unless you shave in the shower and clog it with pubes, but that' same different issue.

Besides, when the pee is diluted in all the water you use to shower anyway, before you've even tried to wash it off your legs (how do you get pee all over your legs? Just don't pee with your legs together) it's more dilute than when you flush it.

I will reiterate: pee only stinks when left to stand. Public toilets stink because people pee all over the toilet and floor (god knows how) and it isn't cleaned off. Toilet drains which are constantly having pee put down them don't normally stink.

Well, not really but hair tends to fall off as you wash it and i don't mean pube ones, so drain covers would need extra maintenance and cleaning from the residue that passes through. I think pee would stink in the toilet bowl never mind falling all over the floor. No cakes, when you shower the water already goes off to drain and there is little water left to "dilute" whatever left that splatters about in higher concentration. The smell of soap stays in the drain after i leave the shower, i don't see how smelly urine would be any different.

How do i pee all over my legs? I'm not sure, will have a try in the shower tomorrow maybe, but from what i imagine as it flows from that region it would angle to the sides whether i like it or not. It's also not nice when the person in the next cubicle notices the juices flowing nearby to them when it happens to be heavy urgent no matter what position my legs get into.

I think pee gets all over public toilets since there are people in eastern culture who tend to squat on the seats and others may sit too close to the edge. With diverse habits like these it's not anything i hope will be encouraged in university showers for it is too complex a process to fathom.
(edited 9 years ago)
That is just gross.
Reply 23
There are people who don't piss in the shower?
Reply 24
I have a walk in shower that's near level with the rest of the floor. So, nahhh.

Surely shorter showers would save more water than flushing? Or y'know, only flush for number twos.
No thanks. I would prefer to have water collected from rain in the toilet for flushing, so called grey water.
Original post by jneill
http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/environment/to_pee_or_not_to_pee_uea_students_call_for_people_to_wee_while_showering_to_help_save_water_1_3800303

UEA students (and everybody else) encouraged to urinate in the shower to save water.

A lot of water.

#GoWithTheFlow

1) This is disgusting and abhorrent.

2) Tackling mass immigration would help Britain save water, but no one will talk about that.
Reply 27
I pee in the shower all the time :smile: yay me

Posted from TSR Mobile
there's nothing wrong with peeing in the shower don't know why some people think that's shocking/gross lol
Pee near the drain so it goes down and doesn't touch where you're standing. :smile: It's just urine people.
Reply 30
Ewww, just ewww.
Reply 31
Poll added
Reply 32
I had a morning **** too, so I saved a flush.

Posted from TSR Mobile
everyone pisses in the shower and anyone who says otherwise is a liar.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending