The Student Room Group

I need help!

May be wrong section. Move if so please.
Okay so i have always been quiet and recently realised i may have social anxiety, I've exhibited the symptoms all my life but always hid them. I don't know if it's hereditary but a few of my family members have it. Noone but myself knows this as im bery secretive about my school life. I no longer have anyone to hang with in school. People i used to tag along with have left me. There is literallly no person i could be friend anymore. Everyone is either really popular or just weird (no offence) im compatible with neither. Im in 5th year Scotland. And don't think moving school is a viable option because 1. I'm deep into the school year and 2. I'll probably be just as anxious if not worse at a new school especially with people at my age group who would probably find me weird. Should i tell my doctor i think i have social anxiety? What will she do? I don't want my family or indeed anyone finding out if i do have it. What should i do about school, i have noone to hang about with. Don't say extra curricular activities as their is literally no people who im compatible with. I'm afraid my lack of "friends" or just people to hang with in school will make me dislike svhool even more and just drop out though i know i will be missing out on qualifications. I'm not bothered about losing those "friends" just that i have noone to go to lunch with or anything at school. The teachers dislike me as i got a bad boy reputation by trying to show off over the years. I think my whole year dislikes me to be honest. Because my anxiety i say rude things in a panic and im in general terrible at small talk or indeed any social conversing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending