The Student Room Group

EPQ

Hi,
i am supposed to start writing my EPQ introduction but i don't know what to include. its hard to write the introduction without actually going straight into the essay itself.
i need ideas of what is actually supposed to go in the introduction please.

BTW, i want to investigate "should the NHS treat self-inflicted illnesses?"
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Original post by cilla_e
Hi,
i am supposed to start writing my EPQ introduction but i don't know what to include. its hard to write the introduction without actually going straight into the essay itself.
i need ideas of what is actually supposed to go in the introduction please.

BTW, i want to investigate "should the NHS treat self-inflicted illnesses?"

The introduction should set out the basis of your discussion, define key terms that you are going to talk about and lead into your first discussion.

It could begin by discussing what a self-inflicted illness with given examples and a brief outline of the debate for and against.
Reply 3
Original post by Joshalos
The introduction should set out the basis of your discussion, define key terms that you are going to talk about and lead into your first discussion.

It could begin by discussing what a self-inflicted illness with given examples and a brief outline of the debate for and against.

thank you
Original post by cilla_e
thank you

No worries! I remember doing my EPQ, it took me ages to get started and into it - I even changed it three times after beginning writing! Once you have planned out your points, putting pen to paper suddenly becomes a breeze!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending