The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Moving In

Hi,
I'm moving into chancellor courts ensuite rooms however have not had an email yet althouhg all of my friends have, iw as just wondering if everyone else has received the email tellin ghtem when to move in. Also does anyone know how many people share a kitchen in chancellor courts or what the internet connection is like?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Someone told me on the susu forum that in chancellors courts in each block theres 4 staircases. and off each staircase is 6-8 flats. im in R block enhanced room and was told i'd b sharing a kitchen with 6 other people.
which block r u in?
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
I haven' been told when I'm moving in either. My contract starts on the 1st. But supposedly South Hill move in on the 30th. Man this is confusing.
Reply 3
if ur contract says the 1st then thats wen ur moving in. theres been loads of confusion about this- i think soton would do well to send everyone letters with specific details for their halls!
I rang the accommodation people and they said that you move in on the first day of your contract i am in Romero halls so i think mine is 30th but still confused :s
Reply 5
jellybabies66
I rang the accommodation people and they said that you move in on the first day of your contract i am in Romero halls so i think mine is 30th but still confused :s

I emailed and was told Romero move in on the 30th
Reply 6
Kateykate
I haven' been told when I'm moving in either. My contract starts on the 1st. But supposedly South Hill move in on the 30th. Man this is confusing.

I'm in South Hill and the reason that we move on the 30th is becasue we are all paying for 40 week let. That extra week is counted as that one day.
Reply 7
supernoodle
I'm in South Hill and the reason that we move on the 30th is becasue we are all paying for 40 week let. That extra week is counted as that one day.

I'm in Hartley Grove and we also move in on the 30th. From what I heard Hartley Grove, South Hill and Chamberlain organise their own events for Fresher's Week. Is this true?
Reply 8
Yep. Buy the Chamberlain tickets from the box office. Not Glen like me !!
Reply 9
im hopefully gonna be in chamberlain! but i have no idea about their freshers week. If you dont get the chance to buy tickets then what happens?
do u sit out on all the events?
Reply 10
Kateykate
Yep. Buy the Chamberlain tickets from the box office. Not Glen like me !!

ehm do u ppl know whether we can buy tickets when we get there? i am arriving on the 29th of september....and also i did not get the freshers pack...what shall i do?:confused: i am very puzzled...i dont know what events there will b
Reply 11
iv heard rumours that they havent sent them to international students or something like that. but dont take my word for it! email someone.
Reply 12
tarja
ehm do u ppl know whether we can buy tickets when we get there? i am arriving on the 29th of september....and also i did not get the freshers pack...what shall i do?:confused: i am very puzzled...i dont know what events there will b

Yep, you can buy the tickets from the "box office" (inside the same building as The Cube). I expect there will be big queues and it's possible that events are going to be sold out - the freshers events get ridiculously packed. That also means it'll be a huge battle to get to the bar. :smile:

Since I'm a second-year now, I can't buy tickets online, but I still want to go to events with whoever my flatmates are. :frown: Going to Freshers Week things last year was... a little tricky... 3rd-year students don't really want to be hanging out with a 1st-year and I didn't know anything about getting back to the city centre from things on-campus. I'm really going to make up for it all this year. :biggrin:

8 days!
Reply 13
fuzelogik
Yep, you can buy the tickets from the "box office" (inside the same building as The Cube). I expect there will be big queues and it's possible that events are going to be sold out - the freshers events get ridiculously packed. That also means it'll be a huge battle to get to the bar. :smile:

Since I'm a second-year now, I can't buy tickets online, but I still want to go to events with whoever my flatmates are. :frown: Going to Freshers Week things last year was... a little tricky... 3rd-year students don't really want to be hanging out with a 1st-year and I didn't know anything about getting back to the city centre from things on-campus. I'm really going to make up for it all this year. :biggrin:

8 days!

wouldn't i b able to find tickets on the 29th? i dont think i can buy tickets online since i dont have my code....plus isnt it a bit risky 2 buy tickets beforehand? i mean i know noone from the uni and im coming from far away and maybe the ppl in my hall dont want 2 go where i have paid 2 go...

btw we r going to b in the same halls so mayb u can help me out since im coming from outside the UK....

i am quite puzzled....i dont know what 2 do and i havent even received my freshers pack yet
Reply 14
if u make friends with a fresher, u can actually buy 2 tickets for most things, especially the halls events. that is if u can persuade someone to pay for urs as well
Reply 15
tarja
wouldn't i b able to find tickets on the 29th? i dont think i can buy tickets online since i dont have my code....plus isnt it a bit risky 2 buy tickets beforehand? i mean i know noone from the uni and im coming from far away and maybe the ppl in my hall dont want 2 go where i have paid 2 go...

btw we r going to b in the same halls so mayb u can help me out since im coming from outside the UK....

i am quite puzzled....i dont know what 2 do and i havent even received my freshers pack yet

I think you should be able to get tickets on the 29th - but like you say, it's hard to know which ones are worth buying. On the other hand, they're all really cheap - between £2 and £3 each, if I remember. Last year you could buy tickets to all of the events around £30.

Another Hartley-dweller! :smile: Sure, if there's anything I can do to help, let me know.

I just checked the SUSU Box Office web page (http://boxoffice.susu.org/) and there's this notice on the Freshers Week ticket page:

SUSU Box Office

Please note that all codes expire at 23.59 on Sunday 24th September 2006
After this date, all students will be able to buy Freshers Week tickets.

So you could order your tickets online and pick them up from the Box Office during the week (opening times are shown at https://boxoffice.susu.org/faq.php?a=viewanswer&id=14 - 11am to 3pm, term time week-days). Remember to bring ID and the order confirmation (just print the page you get at the end of the order) with you when you go to pick them up!
Reply 16
fuzelogik
I think you should be able to get tickets on the 29th - but like you say, it's hard to know which ones are worth buying. On the other hand, they're all really cheap - between £2 and £3 each, if I remember. Last year you could buy tickets to all of the events around £30.

Another Hartley-dweller! :smile: Sure, if there's anything I can do to help, let me know.

I just checked the SUSU Box Office web page (http://boxoffice.susu.org/) and there's this notice on the Freshers Week ticket page:

So you could order your tickets online and pick them up from the Box Office during the week (opening times are shown at https://boxoffice.susu.org/faq.php?a=viewanswer&id=14 - 11am to 3pm, term time week-days). Remember to bring ID and the order confirmation (just print the page you get at the end of the order) with you when you go to pick them up!

hey again, thx for the info! i emailed the boxoffice and they gave me my code....the only prob is that it seems like they send the tickets to you (it asks me for a delivery address)!

i am now in italy and by the time the tickets arrive here i will have left for southampton....

what can i do?
Cann't you collect them anymore like people have in previous years? Why not send them an email [email protected]? If all else fails send them to your halls.
Reply 18
I agree with medic_rules - e-mail or phone them (if it's not too expensive!) and ask them if they can keep your order there for you. I'm sure they won't mind - everyone in SUSU is nice and will see that it's more sensible to hold them there for you to collect. :smile:
Reply 19
fuzelogik
I agree with medic_rules - e-mail or phone them (if it's not too expensive!) and ask them if they can keep your order there for you. I'm sure they won't mind - everyone in SUSU is nice and will see that it's more sensible to hold them there for you to collect. :smile:

thx.....2 more questions (i hope im not becoming boring)
1) does anyone know what number i should call?
2) what is the laughter lounge (apparently all tickets r sold out)?

Latest

Trending

Trending