The Student Room Group

Theology applicants 2015

Hello, thought I'd start a post for theology applicants 2015 I couldn't seem to find one!
Where are you applying?
Straight theology?
Predicted grades and subjects
Anything else

Please message me if you so wish, Lauren

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'll start
Oxford, Exeter, Durham, leeds, Birmingham
Theology at OED history and theology at LB
A*AA in RS, history and English lot but I'm hoping for an a* in history. Also got an A in german at AS

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I'm applying for straight theology at Cambridge, Durham, Exeter, St. Andrews & Birmingham
Predictions: A*A*A in RS, Philosophy and Maths
Also got A in Chemistry at AS
Reply 3
I'm straight Theology (and Reliigous Studies), applying for Cambridge (Pembroke), Durham, Edinburgh, St Andrew's and Exeter. Predicted 4A*s in English Literature, History, Philosophy and Ethics and Classical Civilisation
I'm applying for straight theology at Durham, Exeter, KCL, Birmingham and Nottingham.
Predictions: A*AAA in Government and Politics, RS, History and Sociology
Applying for Theology and Religion at Cambridge [Clare], Bristol, Durham, Edinburgh and Kings.
Predicted 3A*s in English Lit, RS and Politics. Got a B at Spanish AS. Average in top three AS' = 94.5 percent.
Reply 6
I sent my application on Thursday and have received acknowledgment from all unis I've applied to, except Durham. However, I. Having second thoughts about my choices and want to swap two. Is this possible or is it too late? I've applied for history and theology at Birmingham and Leeds but I think I want to swap to straight theology at Edinburgh and perhaps somewhere else

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by evestudent
Applying for Theology and Religion at Cambridge [Clare], Bristol, Durham, Edinburgh and Kings.
Predicted 3A*s in English Lit, RS and Politics. Got a B at Spanish AS. Average in top three AS' = 94.5 percent.

I was so close to applying to Clare (loved it on open day) but really wanted to avoid an admissions test haha
Original post by Jasey
I was so close to applying to Clare (loved it on open day) but really wanted to avoid an admissions test haha

It looks gorgeous, doesn't it? I am rather worried about the test but fingers crossed it will be okay on the day
Reply 9
Original post by evestudent
It looks gorgeous, doesn't it? I am rather worried about the test but fingers crossed it will be okay on the day

It is so beautiful, definitely the most beautiful college but i'm still with happy with choosing Pembroke :smile:. Fingers crossed for you, especially for being brave enough to choose it! I feel like a bit of a wimp for literally chickening out of my first college choice just due to fear of messing up on the day...
Theology at KCL, Edinburgh, Nottingham and Aberdeen.
Jewish History at UCL.

Only got ABBB at AS (Economics, History, Math and Physics/dropped)

Predicted A*AA
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi!
I am applying for Philosophy and Theology at Bristol, Edinburgh, Durham, Nottingham and Exeter.
I have 4A* and 6A's at GCSE
I have AABB in AS Level Maths, Theology, Economics and Physics. My school do not declare your grades until the end of A-Levels, so I am retaking my Econ module.
Predicted AAA or A*AA with the A* being in either Economics or Theology.
Is anyone else applying? There are so few places it is freaking me out...
Original post by Kat_Cuss
Hi!
Is anyone else applying? There are so few places it is freaking me out...

Roughly how many places would most of these Theology courses have anyway?

I saw Bristol offer like 38, but how about the rest?
Reply 13
Original post by RichardArmstrong

There aren't many places but it's also not a very popular subject so as long as your grades are good then it shouldn't matter. I'm applying to Exeter, Durham and Edinburgh too and have an offer from Exeter

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lauzjw
I sent my application on Thursday and have received acknowledgment from all unis I've applied to, except Durham. However, I. Having second thoughts about my choices and want to swap two. Is this possible or is it too late? I've applied for history and theology at Birmingham and Leeds but I think I want to swap to straight theology at Edinburgh and perhaps somewhere else

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, there is an option in Track to substitute choices, but it has to be done within 7 days of applying.
Reply 15
Original post by groovyd97
Yes, there is an option in Track to substitute choices, but it has to be done within 7 days of applying.

Thanks, I did it just after I asked this, swapped from Birmingham to Edinburgh

Posted from TSR Mobile

For the combined course there is only about 10 places at Durham and Bristol. It's quite scary!
Should I apply to King's College or Durham?

Same grade requirements, it's straight Theology.
I've an interest in Old Testament/Jewish studies and am sitting on ABBB at As Level.

Hoping to send off UCAS by the end of this week.
Any recommendations/advice appreciated.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 18
Should I apply to King's College or Durham?

Same grade requirements, it's straight Theology.
I've an interest in Old Testament/Jewish studies and am sitting on ABBB at As Level.

Hoping to send off UCAS by the end of this week.
Any recommendations/advice appreciated.

Durham is top for theology in the country so I'd say Durham. Also much cheaper than London a day really beautiful place!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've applied to Oxford (Mansfield), Durham, Nottingham, Manchester and Lancaster for Theology/Religious Studies.
I'm predicted A*A*A in RS, Sociology and History (with AAAB at AS) and so far I have received an offer from Nottingham!
Has anyone else received any offers yet, and if so, with what conditions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending