The Student Room Group

Police Now Graduate Scheme

Hey
Has anybody else applied for the police now graduate scheme?
Just put through my initial application now :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Purple_Penguin
Hey
Has anybody else applied for the police now graduate scheme?
Just put through my initial application now :smile:

Sounds.. unnecessary. This will get backlash from Police Officers who know what the job is actually like as this is the type of career in which you should climb the ladder.
There is already a graduate scheme which does need to be ironed out to sort problems.

I'll be applying to the Police in the standard way, graduate scheme their is just an extra.
Reply 2
Original post by MSI_10
Sounds.. unnecessary. This will get backlash from Police Officers who know what the job is actually like as this is the type of career in which you should climb the ladder.
There is already a graduate scheme which does need to be ironed out to sort problems.

I'll be applying to the Police in the standard way, graduate scheme their is just an extra.

On the Police Now scheme you start as an officer and finish, after two years, still being a police officer so idk why current police officers would have any issue with it :confused: And even if they do, I don't think that's a good enough reason to not go for it if someone's interested (my aunt works in the police and she says some people she works with are always moaning about new recruits for one reason or another :tongue:, imo whether someone's applying for Police Now or the fast track grad scheme it's best to shrug the negativity off and just prove yourself once you get in the role, rather than miss out on the opportunity because some current officers may grumble about it.)
Reply 3
Original post by marie08
On the Police Now scheme you start as an officer and finish, after two years, still being a police officer so idk why current police officers would have any issue with it :confused: And even if they do, I don't think that's a good enough reason to not go for it if someone's interested (my aunt works in the police and she says some people she works with are always moaning about new recruits for one reason or another :tongue:, imo whether someone's applying for Police Now or the fast track grad scheme it's best to shrug the negativity off and just prove yourself once you get in the role, rather than miss out on the opportunity because some current officers may grumble about it.)

Oh I'm not against graduate schemes of any kind and I think you are right about current service officers moaning about newcomers; forget them :P

I'm just against the idea of potential people who join this new scheme for 3 years and then just leave, when someone who actually wants to do it for however long misses out.
Hi 'Purple_Penguin', I've applied likewise, just awaiting to do the online assessment stages....Good luck & Let us know how you get on... :smile:

Oh & well said 'Marie08', I agree entirely :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Justice-Officer
Hi 'Purple_Penguin', I've applied likewise, just awaiting to do the online assessment stages....Good luck & Let us know how you get on... :smile:

Oh & well said 'Marie08', I agree entirely :smile:

Hey :smile:
I did the online tests today. Let me know how you found them when you get them done :smile:
Reply 6
I did the online tests today. Let me know how you found them when you get them done :smile:

I had a chat with someone in the Met and the scheme seems well-planned so i hope it works well.. Were they psychometric tests e.g numerical reasoning and/or situational judgement tests?
Reply 7
Hi,

I'm also applying for the Police Now graduation scheme. Today I just finished the 3 online assessments..just a series of questionnaires set up to get an idea of how you are in the workplace. Now awaiting a response for the next stage. Goodluck to all!

PS, have any other graduates thought of applying to the Met through other routes other than Police Now? (Fast Track College of Policing, special constables, ordinary route etc). I'm quite curious as @Purple_Penguin is just to know how popular this scheme really is. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, my 3 tests went o.k (took these tests recently before, as they use the same test in many Forces, when applying to the regular police officer route as well, so who know practice might make perfect lool). As it stands, I've passed the regular route and just booked a 'Day-1 assessment' (early-December).....But atm, awaiting the outcome of the 'police-now' test, and will let you know how that goes....:smile:

Original post by MSI_10
I had a chat with someone in the Met and the scheme seems well-planned so i hope it works well.. Were they psychometric tests e.g numerical reasoning and/or situational judgement tests?

Hi, nothing numerical is involved at this online stage (yet, subsequent 'Day-1 assessments' have an average/basic maths test involved), just 3 (1. Behavioural, 2. Situational Judgment Test, and 3. London Factor assessment), all about work; standards, values, approach, diversity, attitudes, etc.

Good Luck :smile:

Original post by dias107
Hi,

I'm also applying for the Police Now graduation scheme. Today I just finished the 3 online assessments..just a series of questionnaires set up to get an idea of how you are in the workplace. Now awaiting a response for the next stage. Goodluck to all!

PS, have any other graduates thought of applying to the Met through other routes other than Police Now? (Fast Track College of Policing, special constables, ordinary route etc). I'm quite curious as @Purple_Penguin is just to know how popular this scheme really is. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi yes, I'm likewise applying through a variety of routes (atm; via the 'regular' and 'police-now'), but also awaiting for the fast track scheme to start (opens; early-November).
Although, I am aware however, that had all routes been open at the same time, I'd only simply need to apply for the main two (fast-track and police-now), as even if you don't quite make the mark in these assessments, then ones application can then be refferred to the regular-route nonetheless (and thereafter loool, apply for fast-tracking internally.....)

All the best, with your applications :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Justice-Officer

Hi, my 3 tests went o.k (took these tests recently before, as they use the same test in many Forces, when applying to the regular police officer route as well, so who know practice might make perfect lool). As it stands, I've passed the regular route and just booked a 'Day-1 assessment' (early-December).....But atm, awaiting the outcome of the 'police-now' test, and will let you know how that goes....:smile:

Hi, nothing numerical is involved at this online stage (yet, subsequent 'Day-1 assessments' have an average/basic maths test involved), just 3 (1. Behavioural, 2. Situational Judgment Test, and 3. London Factor assessment), all about work; standards, values, approach, diversity, attitudes, etc.

Good Luck :smile:

Hi yes, I'm likewise applying through a variety of routes (atm; via the 'regular' and 'police-now'), but also awaiting for the fast track scheme to start (opens; early-November).
Although, I am aware however, that had all routes been open at the same time, I'd only simply need to apply for the main two (fast-track and police-now), as even if you don't quite make the mark in these assessments, then ones application can then be refferred to the regular-route nonetheless (and thereafter loool, apply for fast-tracking internally.....)

All the best, with your applications :smile:

Thanks for the answer and best of luck. The PC i spoke to in the met told me to apply next year since it may be expanded to my local force and apps cant be deferred since I graduate later.

For those 3 tests...

1) In the SJT, you are given the role as a officer right? I actually had one SJT to be a Special last week! The assesement centre went alright but the SJT is downright annoying everyone complained lol. In that SJT we were given the role as a customer service assistant.

2) Is the behaviour questionnarie pretty much a personality quiz ala MBTI? Could you give some examples of what could be asked if possible?

3) London Factor is what again :P examples if possible

Thanks again pal
Reply 10
has anyone heard back after doing their Police Now tests?
Reply 11
No, I did mine about two weeks ago and have heard nothing about them. Did anyone get a pdf outlining what the tests consisted of when they were sent to you? I didn't get one but I've heard recent applicants are receiving them.
Reply 12
I did mine last week and not heard back yet, bit surprised about that to be honest as when I went to the recruitment event they seemed to want to move the application process along pretty swiftly. I did receive a PDF about the tests, but wasn't much on that there that you couldn't mind out using gooogle-didn't give any extra tips so I wouldn't worry about not receiving it
Reply 13
Yeah, I agree with ajmorton - the PDF's weren't really useful, so you won't be at a disadvantage if you didn't get them.

I went to a recruitment event a few weeks ago too, and the recruitment team planned to have the first set of assessment centres this month - but whether or not they stick to that is a different matter.

I've just completed the three tests today. Hopefully we won't have to wait ages to find out!
Reply 14
Glad to hear none of you have heard back yet either- hopefully they get back to us soon!!
what are the first three tests like? Anyone know a good approach for them?
Reply 16
Hey,

Has anyone booked onto an assessment day yet :smile: ?
Reply 17
Hey Ebonymay,

No haven't heard anything back since completing the online tests.

Have you been invited to an assessment day?
Reply 18
Original post by jturnip
Hey Ebonymay,

No haven't heard anything back since completing the online tests.

Have you been invited to an assessment day?

I got a text through on the 10th asking me to book an assessment day. I've got it on the 24th Nov...nervous! I did do my tests fairly early on though, when did you complete yours?
Reply 19
Congrats!! :smile: I did mine last week, so I'm expecting to be waiting around a while to hear back.

Quick Reply

Latest