The Student Room Group

Is it harder to get onto an Msci course than a BSc course?

I would love to do a Geography Msci at Bristol. I got 4as at AS level (Maths, Physics, Geography and Philosophy) and am taking Maths, Geography and Philosophy at A2.
I really like Bristol and want to get in, but am worried that I am setting myself up for failure if I apply for Msci. How much harder is it to get in?
Original post by JustHoping
I would love to do a Geography Msci at Bristol. I got 4as at AS level (Maths, Physics, Geography and Philosophy) and am taking Maths, Geography and Philosophy at A2.
I really like Bristol and want to get in, but am worried that I am setting myself up for failure if I apply for Msci. How much harder is it to get in?

Generally if a university can't make you an offer for the MSci they will make an offer for the BSc automatically. You can always contact them directly and ask specifically for this to happen if you want to be sure.
Reply 2
Original post by JustHoping

To add to the above - what PQ said is usually true - in my experiences they often encouraged applicants to apply for the MSc versions over the BSc versions, and recommend a switch down at a later date if necessary/desired. You're still an undergraduate number in the department, so it shouldn't make any odds as to how many they can take as you count the same.
Original post by Nymthae
To add to the above - what PQ said is usually true - in my experiences they often encouraged applicants to apply for the MSc versions over the BSc versions, and recommend a switch down at a later date if necessary/desired. You're still an undergraduate number in the department, so it shouldn't make any odds as to how many they can take as you count the same.

Additionally, it will help you find a job as it means you have more education and experience.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending