The Student Room Group

Postgraduate Applications sent!!! anybody else?

HEYY
Just sent off my applications to Nottingham, Queen Mary, Sussex, Kingston, Cardiff and Greenwich!..Cant wait to hear from them..so nervous!
Anybody else sent any applications to these unis and heard from them???

Scroll to see replies

Original post by esha_28
HEYY
Just sent off my applications to Nottingham, Queen Mary, Sussex, Kingston, Cardiff and Greenwich!..Cant wait to hear from them..so nervous!

Sent one application off, but one of my referees let me down, I'm in a panic to find someone. I asked someone who set up s social group I go to, fingers crossed, and my former employer has gone into Administration. I do have someone else,
I'll be fine
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by jpowis123
Sent one application off, but one of my referees let me down, I'm in a panic to find someone. I asked someone who set up s social group I go to, fingers crossed, and my former employer has gone into Administration. I do have someone else,
I'll be fine

Oh damn referees never take these seriously!.. Where did u apply? and which course?
Original post by esha_28
Oh damn referees never take these seriously!.. Where did u apply? and which course?

Keele, English Literature
I have thought applying for creative writing as well.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by esha_28
HEYY

Interesting mix of universities there, what's your subject and what's your preferences.
Reply 5
Original post by c2uk
Interesting mix of universities there, what's your subject and what's your preferences.

For MSc in Finance and Investment.. Nottingham is my preference and aft that is queen mary.. im an international student.. researched a lot online before deciding..hoping for the best !:s-smilie:
Reply 6
Original post by jpowis123
Keele, English Literature
I have thought applying for creative writing as well.

Oh great! all the best for your application!!:smile:
Reply 7
Original post by esha_28
For MSc in Finance and Investment.. Nottingham is my preference and aft that is queen mary.. im an international student.. researched a lot online before deciding..hoping for the best !:s-smilie:

Fair enough, though I'd take Cardiff third then, they just built a new postgraduate learning centre for the business school, with a fancy new trading room.

Where are you from then?
Reply 8
Original post by c2uk
Fair enough, though I'd take Cardiff third then, they just built a new postgraduate learning centre for the business school, with a fancy new trading room.

Where are you from then?

Really?? thats great!!.. Cardiff is really good ..i met with a delegate for all the details regarding the MBA course at Cardiff so have applied for it. Got the acknowledgement, waiting for their offer.. Are you studying in Cardiff? Im from India
Reply 9
Original post by esha_28
Really?? thats great!!.. Cardiff is really good ..i met with a delegate for all the details regarding the MBA course at Cardiff so have applied for it. Got the acknowledgement, waiting for their offer.. Are you studying in Cardiff? Im from India

I'm living in Cardiff, and know some people in the university. It's a great city, and the (main) university has a good name (not the other one by the name of Cardiff Metropolitan University).
Reply 10
Original post by c2uk
I'm living in Cardiff, and know some people in the university. It's a great city, and the (main) university has a good name (not the other one by the name of Cardiff Metropolitan University).

Oh thats pretty cool! yea i've applied to the main uni not the other one.
Yes! I've literally just sent off my applications to Durham and St Andrews... will also be applying to KCL, LSE and University of Amsterdam. So excited it's unreal :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 12
Original post by Gemma345
Yes! I've literally just sent off my applications to Durham and St Andrews... will also be applying to KCL, LSE and University of Amsterdam. So excited it's unreal :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Ikr!! i totally understand the feeling.. im checking my emails every hour literally!.. woahh KCL and LSE!! those are such amazing institutions!!.. i was in love with the LSE program but i dont have the grades for it :frown: anyhow i just hope i get into Nottingham!
Original post by esha_28
Ikr!! i totally understand the feeling.. im checking my emails every hour literally!.. woahh KCL and LSE!! those are such amazing institutions!!.. i was in love with the LSE program but i dont have the grades for it :frown: anyhow i just hope i get into Nottingham!

Oh no, that's a shame! What grades would you need and what do you have? LSE is so tough to get into, so I guess part of it is luck. But even if I did get in I haven't quite worked out how I'd pay for it!! :P

Best of luck for Nottingham! :3
Reply 14
Oh no, that's a shame! What grades would you need and what do you have? LSE is so tough to get into, so I guess part of it is luck. But even if I did get in I haven't quite worked out how I'd pay for it!! :P

Best of luck for Nottingham! :3

Yea i guess so. I needed a 70% above in all undergrad years but i got a 60% in the 2nd year because i dint appear for a set of my exams ..and a GMAT score which i dont have. Ive heard they give out many scholarships right?.. the fees are a bomb everywhere esp for an international student like me! Thank u and best of luck to u for LSE! :smile:
Original post by esha_28
Yea i guess so. I needed a 70% above in all undergrad years but i got a 60% in the 2nd year because i dint appear for a set of my exams ..and a GMAT score which i dont have. Ive heard they give out many scholarships right?.. the fees are a bomb everywhere esp for an international student like me! Thank u and best of luck to u for LSE! :smile:

Oh no that sucks! Well Nottingham is still a great uni :smile:

I got an offer from Durham this morning and they haven't even seen my references!! :eek::biggrin:

(I applied yesterday...)
Hello everyone. I think I'm going to apply to UCL, KCL, Durham, St. Andrews and Birmingham in the next few weeks.
Reply 17
Oh no that sucks! Well Nottingham is still a great uni :smile:

I got an offer from Durham this morning and they haven't even seen my references!! :eek::biggrin:

(I applied yesterday...)

Thats great! congratulations..which course did you apply for??
Reply 18
Original post by Eboracum
Hello everyone. I think I'm going to apply to UCL, KCL, Durham, St. Andrews and Birmingham in the next few weeks.

Hey Eboracum, a great set of unis.. best of luck for those!..which course r u looking to apply for?
Original post by esha_28
Hey Eboracum, a great set of unis.. best of luck for those!..which course r u looking to apply for?

Hello Esha :smile: I do Politics now, so I'm hoping to do International Relations, but I only got a low 2:1 in Second Year, so I'm not massively confident. But I'm sort of taking the view it would be only worth it (for me) if I could get into say UCL/Kings or Durham or something, and I'm not really sure my grades are good enough.

How about yourself? What are your dreams and aspirations? What unis/courses are you looking at?

Quick Reply

Latest