The Student Room Group

I really ****** up with a girl at uni, how can I fix girls?

Long story short. Met a really cute girl at Uni from Switzerland. We are both 1st years so new to uni. Went on a night out and even had my arm around her as we walked back. Anyways we were texting a bit and it was going ok, she even had some winks in the texts. Unfortunately I made a big mistake due to what I would refer to as a dog eat dog environment. By that I mean as soon as any cute girl appears all the guys are bantering and going for it etc All the guys are trying to swoop in if you like, and I've realised at Uni if you do not make your mark early another guy will get the girl..

Anyways one evening about 6 days ago I had a drink and was slightly intoxicated and gave my friend the phone to write a text to help me out if you like, I read it over and just sent it but it was a bad text, really bad actually when I actually thought about it and not one I would have sent if I was normally sober. It read 'maybe if you actually invite me for a coffee you'd get to know me' or something along those words and it was out of context as I hardly knew her. I texted an hour later when I realised my moment of stupidity for accepting my friends choice of words by sending another text 'i didn't mean that in a bad way by the way, ive had a few drinks sorry ha'. She replied the next day in the evening with 'haha don't worry'

I saw her a couple days later at drinks and it was somewhat awkward but we did talk ok, but I'm sure she told her french girl friend about me who is someone I know and am friends with. I made another fool of myself last night in front of her french friend when I apparently cracked a joke about shagging a homeless women for a newspaper (of which I seriously cannot remember) to which she said 'that's disgusting'. I saw her today and I could tell she kind of didn't want to look or talk to me.

So I've just massively ****ed up. I messed up with the girl I like with this stupid text and then I've made a **** of myself to her french friend who initially had a good image of me and probably now thinks I'm some kind of creep.

I know the problem here is drinking but other than that how can I fix this? I know that any chance with the girl is probably out the window now but at least how can I fix the whole situation for the better? Because we see each other almost every day and it's kind of awkward. And her friend, should I apologise? In person? Whatsapp? I won't see her till Monday. Also I'm not sure why my friend typed up such a badly worded message, I know for sure he is NOT going for her so I don't think it was tactical but I don't know.

Please help! I feel awful to be honest. Thanks.

edit: the worst thing about this is that the girl is really nice and not just for a one night thing.
(edited 9 years ago)
She needs to chill out if that's the reasons why she isn't interested. I don't think you did anything wrong personally.
Reply 2
Blunder 1 doesn't seem so serious to me and if she fancies you it wouldn't be a problem. Blunder 2 does seem a bit crass. Put it down to experience, learn from it and ease off the booze when you're on the pull. Worse things happen though, don't worry too much.
ye i just thought it seemed rude to say what i did and even a friend of mine said it didn't look good. but maybe i am overworrying.
Reply 4
If she didn't like you after those incidences I have news for you.

You didn't have a chance with her to begin with.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending