The Student Room Group

Is my school putting me at risk?

I locked and sent my application over a week ago - it went to my school so that the reference could be attached etc. The process at my school is that once the reference(s) are done, they are all given to the headmaster who has to read and approve them, before being sent to the office in charge of sending them off.
I'd been told that my reference was finished and read by the headmaster already so i went straight to the office find out if it was sent and they told me that it was being sent on tuesday. When i asked why they said it was because the lady dealing with it wouldn't be back until tuesday and then she would sending them then. This made me extremely worried as I feel theyre cutting it too uncomfortably close. Surely if the lady who is supposed to send them isn't available, then they should give it to someone else to deal with them??

I'm applying for medicine which has the wednesday 15th October deadline, so obviously being told that its sent on tuesday is a bit of a concern and i feel that my school are being risky by cutting things so close.
She showed me my application file which was complete and ready to be sent, it worries me a lot that its being delayed for a reason as stupid as this. She said that I really had nothing to be concerned about and that i shouldnt worry if its sent on tuesday but i cant help being a little uncomfortable about it.

How do universities with early deadlines view applications that come so close to the deadline? I'm assuming most people applying to medicine or oxbridge would have had their applications sent off by now. Will having my application sent only the day before the deadline put me at risk or make the university look down on it??
Reply 1
Original post by lukasthepoet

The deadline is that. Long as it's there by the deadline it's fine. It's not like they're giving offers out right now. You'll be considered equally.

My concern would largely just be making sure it does get sent, because there's no room to do anything about it if not.
As long as it's sent before the deadline, it's fine. Your application will get equal consideration.
Just check with them on Tuesday lunchtime that it is sent. That gives you time if there are delays to find out what they will do and get it sent off.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending