The Student Room Group

am I right to be annoyed and emotionally hurt?

So my ex (2 weeks since break up) who I still like a lot and will probably always have a soft spot for just asked me if my best mate liked her because she likes him a lot. Should I or is my reason justified for feeling annoyed, angry and preferably never wanting to talk to her again as it seems as if the 20 months we've been together was meaningless and she just wants to move on to a next target ASAP which to my great annoyance is my best friend :/
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by PointDexter
So my ex (2 weeks since break up) who I still like a lot and will probably always have a soft spot for just asked me if my best mate liked her because she likes him a lot. Should I or is my reason justified for feeling annoyed, angry and preferably never wanting to talk to her again as it seems as if the 20 months we've been together was meaningless and she just wants to move on to a next target ASAP which to my great annoyance is my best friend :/

You've just got to get used to the fact that people are going to leave you and move one. They probably wont ever feel the same way they first did. It's just life :frown:
Reply 2

I would be annoyed and upset if I didn't feel the relationship was fully over. I remember feeling this way when I was the one who was broken up with. I tend to be able to move on easier if I was the one who did the breaking up. Also, some people move on faster than others and some even find it easier to cope with the end of a relationship if they find someone else.

It is easier for me though if they move on with a stranger rather than someone I know, as it means I don't have to see them again if I don't want to. I prefer to have no contact with my exes if I still feel for them, as I don't want to feel upset or jealous and would rather move on myself. Sometimes the best thing to do is distance yourself. Your friend should know that it might harm your friendship if he dates her, but then again people will do as they please and you cannot stop them.
Reply 3
Yes, of course you have a right to be upset. It wouldn't be normal if you weren't upset...Unless you didn't care about her. I'm still mad about being dumped 2 years ago.
What an awful person for asking you to help hook her up. Ignore her and don't help.

However if you did the dumping and got rid of her, I wouldn't try to hook up an ex with your BEST FRIEND. WHAT?! A best friend shouldn't even give her the time of day. She will get between you two.

What an awful bitch.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by succexxy
Yes, of course you have a right to be upset. It wouldn't be normal if you weren't upset...Unless you didn't care about her. I'm still mad about being dumped 2 years ago.
What an awful person for asking you to help hook her up. Ignore her and don't help.

However if you did the dumping and got rid of her, I wouldn't try to hook up an ex with your BEST FRIEND. WHAT?! A best friend shouldn't even give her the time of day. She will get between you two.

What an awful bitch.

Thanks
I really just want to severe all links I have with her as she is emotionally tormenting me.
Reply 5
Thanks
I really just want to severe all links I have with her as she is emotionally tormenting me.

Please do, you don't deserve such an awful person in your life.
Would your friend date her? A friend wouldn't date an ex. Unless you were okay with it. In your case I don't think you would be okay with this.

I'm so sorry this has happened, it's an awful situation. Hope you find someone better when you're ready.

:moo:--> Your Ex
Reply 6
Original post by succexxy
Please do, you don't deserve such an awful person in your life.
Would your friend date her? A friend wouldn't date an ex. Unless you were okay with it. In your case I don't think you would be okay with this.

I'm so sorry this has happened, it's an awful situation. Hope you find someone better when you're ready.

:moo:--> Your Ex

Haha I quite enjoy your posts :wink:

OP; yeah it's really inconsiderate of her to say that... either she's saying that to hurt you (if you broke up with her) OR she never really cared about you much (if she broke up with you).
Not really, he's fair game. Of course, you're allowed to feel however you want, but don't confuse that with what other people are or should be allowed to do.

If she broke up with you it stands to reason that she's not going to be that bothered but you are going to be reeling from it for a few weeks. She would do well to consider your feelings, but given her vastly different perspective on the event, she probably doesn't realise you feel that way, and in any case she is under no obligation to consider them.
I'd be really ****ing annoyed. Tell her you won't help her then don't reply again.

Quick Reply

Latest