The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Course that starts in february

Hi,

I am applying to study the midwifery course at Southampton but it doesn't start until February 2016 I don't think. Is there many other courses that start then, or will it only be people on this course, I'm confused as to how the accommodation and everything works if we don't start until months after everyone else?
There are a whole bunch of nursing students that start in february too - although these tend to be mature students so often they will chose to go straight into a house share instead of halls (there's a thread in the forum by some PGDip nursing students looking to house share from feb).

There's usually space in halls for people starting after christmas - every year there are loads of erasmus exchange people coming in from Europe for a semester. There's info for them on accommodation here: http://www.southampton.ac.uk/accommodation/apply/erasmus.html and a lot of that would apply similarly to you (although I think because you're an undergraduate that the accommodation guarantee may apply for you - contact the accomm office to find out if they're making special arrangments).

This is the first year the BMid has started in February instead of October so it might need a bit of pestering to the admissions teams and accommodation to get good info.
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Quick Reply