The Student Room Group

Asda induction/ best welcome

After applying for a part time job in asda they offered me they offered me a position to work on a check out. I have been invited to an Asda best welcome day. I was just wondering what do expect? And will I be given my uniform on that day? Thank you :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I actually just had mine yesterday.
Very boring but you get paid. You'll watch videos, fill out some sheets and a silly booklet with word searches and cross words. They'll give a tour around store (kind of boring for me as I'm local to that store I'd been there 1000 times) Yep you'll be given that uniform...warning...it's pretty...horrible.
Original post by Youni-chan
Very boring but you get paid. You'll watch videos, fill out some sheets and a silly booklet with word searches and cross words. They'll give a tour around store (kind of boring for me as I'm local to that store I'd been there 1000 times) Yep you'll be given that uniform...warning...it's pretty...horrible.

How many people where there with you, and do you have to go in again for another induction? Also do you have to wear the uniform on that day? :smile:
Original post by sunshine_123
How many people where there with you, and do you have to go in again for another induction? Also do you have to wear the uniform on that day? :smile:

6? No, that's it. My first day is today where I'll start my 4 weeks training on checkouts. No, you get given it on that day.
6? No, that's it. My first day is today where I'll start my 4 weeks training on checkouts. No, you get given it on that day.

Good luck! What asda are working in? Let me know how your first day goes! I'll be working on the checkouts too. Also just one last question, I work part time, will they train me during the hours I'm allocated to work or?
How long does best welcome last for? Thanks 😃

How long did the best welcome last for? Thanks 😊
After applying for a part time job in asda they offered me they offered me a position to work on a check out. I have been invited to an Asda best welcome day. I was just wondering what do expect? And will I be given my uniform on that day? Thank you :smile:

Hi how long was the best welcome for? Thanks
Original post by carolinewxm77
Hi how long was the best welcome for? Thanks

Its from 9-4/5 and you get paid for it :smile:

I had a one to one interview two weeks ago and had a phone call today saying they'd got a vacancy and I'd passed my interview. So I took it that I had hit the job, but I was invited to go for a formal chat today and was told there was only 2 vacancies for this job but it is between me and two others. I couldn't believe it when I found out, it sounded like I had the job on the phone. I now have to wait till Friday to see if I've got it or not. Not very pleasef with asda 😡
Reply 10
Just wondering did you have to do any tests? Got my induction on Tuesday after 8 months of going to my asda Magic and one to one 😂

was your training everyday or just a few days a week? x
I've got my best welcome event tomorrow- what do I need to take with me?
Original post by hayleyrose
was your training everyday or just a few days a week? x

Every shift I had...basically just threw me on checkouts and someone showed me the ropes for like 30 minutes everyday. Very scary but I got used to it eventually. Funny ironic that I'm about to hand in my notice now lol

Original post by hayleyrose
I've got my best welcome event tomorrow- what do I need to take with me?

A pen, a bag to carry all the junk they'll give you.
Every shift I had...basically just threw me on checkouts and someone showed me the ropes for like 30 minutes everyday. Very scary but I got used to it eventually. Funny ironic that I'm about to hand in my notice now lol

A pen, a bag to carry all the junk they'll give you.

Wait so you did your training on your contracted hours? my hours are evenings - will that make a difference? okay - why are you handing in your notice?
Reply 15
Hello, i have completed my group interview and have been invited for a 1v1 interview what can i expect??

And also i want to work as much as i can in the summer and then when college starts i want to work around my time table, will they let me do this?

Please help, thank you!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm sorry for bringing this thread back from the dead. but you get paid for the best welcome at the usual rate of pay?!?!?!?! that's actually awesome
thanks!
Reply 17
Does anyone know how frequently Asda holds welcome days? I got offered a job at one but I couldn’t go cause it landed on my only full day at college :tongue: they said that they’d put me in for the next one and arrange it on a Monday or tuesday so I can come but idk how soon that’s gonna be and I urgently need a job
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 18
Hi, did you get to go to another welcome day? If so how soon ? I got offered the job but I’m on holiday for the welcome day. And I really need this job, I’m a bit worried now
Bit late I know now, but I wouldn't worry if you never actually have one, as I didn't. Been there 5 and a half years now and never had a best welcome or any actual job training! 'Thankfully' id already had 13 years experience doing exactly the same in tesco, and im not afraid to push big red buttons etc at least once to see what actually happens, so almost everything I know has been self taught with trial and error!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending