The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

International Foundation Year.

Has anyone applied to or done the international foundation year at Royal Holloway? I've applied to other unis for ancient history, but I just found out that although I'm a mature student, my high school diploma from 2005 isn't good enough. I'm thinking the IFY would be a great opportunity, although it's pretty pricey. Does anyone have any feedback on this?
Original post by Coffeetime
Has anyone applied to or done the international foundation year at Royal Holloway? I've applied to other unis for ancient history, but I just found out that although I'm a mature student, my high school diploma from 2005 isn't good enough. I'm thinking the IFY would be a great opportunity, although it's pretty pricey. Does anyone have any feedback on this?

Hi,

I understand that you're looking for feedback from anyone else who has applied to or completed our International Foundation Year, but if you have any questions about the course that you think I can answer, I am more than happy to help.

Katie
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London
Hi,

I understand that you're looking for feedback from anyone else who has applied to or completed our International Foundation Year, but if you have any questions about the course that you think I can answer, I am more than happy to help.

Katie

Hi Katie!

Since posting this I have gotten in touch with RH about the IFY and I'm just waiting on my high school transcripts so that I can apply. Do students doing the programme have access to everything a regular RH student would? Societies, the library, etc?
Hi Katie!

Since posting this I have gotten in touch with RH about the IFY and I'm just waiting on my high school transcripts so that I can apply. Do students doing the programme have access to everything a regular RH student would? Societies, the library, etc?

Hi,

Excellent news about the progress that you've made!

Yes, anyone completing the IFY has access to everything that Royal Holloway has to offer. You can join any sports club or society, and you will have full access to the library.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask them.

I hope this helps,

Katie
Hi,

Excellent news about the progress that you've made!

Yes, anyone completing the IFY has access to everything that Royal Holloway has to offer. You can join any sports club or society, and you will have full access to the library.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask them.

I hope this helps,

Katie

Thank you so much! I do have one more question. Can the IFY be used to progress to other universities? Not that I wouldn't want to stay at Royal Holloway. I just want to know the details.
(edited 9 years ago)
Thank you so much! I do have one more question. Can the IFY be used to progress to other universities? Not that I wouldn't want to stay at Royal Holloway. I just want to know the details.

Hi,

The intention with the International Foundation Year is that students move on to study their chosen degree at Royal Holloway. However, it is possible to move on to a different university as well, and a few students have done this in previous years.

More information about progressing from the IFY to study at Royal Holloway can be found here.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll be happy to answer!

I hope this helps,

Katie
Hi,

The intention with the International Foundation Year is that students move on to study their chosen degree at Royal Holloway. However, it is possible to move on to a different university as well, and a few students have done this in previous years.

More information about progressing from the IFY to study at Royal Holloway can be found here.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll be happy to answer!

I hope this helps,

Katie

You have been so helpful. Thank you! I think that's it for my questions. Now I have to wait until January to apply for September.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You have been so helpful. Thank you! I think that's it for my questions. Now I have to wait until January to apply for September.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No problem at all. If you have any other questions, just let me know and I'll answer them as quickly as I can.

Good luck with your application!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending