The Student Room Group

How do you want to improve the MUN?

Currently the MUN seems dead and I wish and request all my dear MUNees how do you want to improve the MUN so we can maintain our activity level?

Your ideas could be of anything which would be able to get all the attention back into the MUN like before.

How do you want to keep the MUN more interesting and more active?

Keep posting on the forums.

Let me know your views so to develop your interest towards the forum.

I need articles and pictures related to MUN for the upcoming MUNthly. Please PM me your submissions. For further details on MUNthly- MUNthly - Aug/Sep 2014 - Your Submissions!

And also further information is that currently we have India Security Council positions vacant.:sadnod: Those who have interest please forward me your manifesto via PM of not more than 300 words.:smile:
The deadline passed but still, we haven't received a single manifesto.:no: Manifestos sent currently would be appreciated, helpful and you would also have more chances of gaining the position.

India Security Council Vacancy

As ever any questions let me know.:hugs:

Sena5
Deputy Secretary General

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sena5
QFA

When I was SG I posted news stories pretty much every day. I tried to post at least half a dozen every day, and I encouraged other people to do it as well. Then I mentioned those threads in the regular mass PM's that went out. That way, people didn't have an excuse to not post in character.
More debates about current affairs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Edminzodo
More debates about current affairs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Will do. Thank you:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by thunder_chunky
When I was SG I posted news stories pretty much every day. I tried to post at least half a dozen every day, and I encouraged other people to do it as well. Then I mentioned those threads in the regular mass PM's that went out. That way, people didn't have an excuse to not post in character.

I get your point. I will add more threads including today:wink:
We need daily news stories posting, regular roll calls to cut inactivity, and occasional debates opened to wider TSR.

There's no point expecting people to contribute unless there are interesting things to do.

Here's a plan for the incoming SG to improve activity:
Hold a roll call - ditch those who aren't bothered.
Begin recruitment in International thread.
Be persistent - at least 3 news stories a day, plus regular hypes/polls.

It's possible to boost activity with a few months of hard work. We just can't carry on as normal.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Birchington
We need daily news stories posting, regular roll calls to cut inactivity, and occasional debates opened to wider TSR.

There's no point expecting people to contribute unless there are interesting things to do.

Here's a plan for the incoming SG to improve activity:
Hold a roll call - ditch those who aren't bothered.
Begin recruitment in International thread.
Be persistent - at least 3 news stories a day, plus regular hypes/polls.

It's possible to boost activity with a few months of hard work. We just can't carry on as normal.

I agree with you. I will post the roll call as well. Currently as the Election is not yet started and I will do that as RoryS is busy.:smile:
I am currently posting threads.
Reply 7
Promoting it on the main site would be handy, since I'm sure people would join given the amount of procrastinating they do on here. It seems dead is that the majority of members are inactive and we cannot get new members if places are largely filled. In a sense, we need to 'restart the circle of life'.

I think an immediate roll call would be a good idea and offering some spaces to newbies might be the way to go about it.

I also think we need to mix up the scenarios here, since the topics we do talk about are rather plain and unimaginative. I think the terrorism one, while important, is rather basic and pretty much every member simply says 'we send our sympathies to X'. Some controversy might be a good idea to stir things up.

I think the idea that we can take our countries in different directions should be kept as it will hopefully allow more discussion too.
Reply 8
Original post by serebro
Promoting it on the main site would be handy, since I'm sure people would join given the amount of procrastinating they do on here. It seems dead is that the majority of members are inactive and we cannot get new members if places are largely filled. In a sense, we need to 'restart the circle of life'.

I think an immediate roll call would be a good idea and offering some spaces to newbies might be the way to go about it.

I also think we need to mix up the scenarios here, since the topics we do talk about are rather plain and unimaginative. I think the terrorism one, while important, is rather basic and pretty much every member simply says 'we send our sympathies to X'. Some controversy might be a good idea to stir things up.

I think the idea that we can take our countries in different directions should be kept as it will hopefully allow more discussion too.

Thanks didn't you get the MUN Bulletin. I have posted the Roll Call.:yep:
I've contacted the TSR Advertising Team so will do something I guess.
It was nice to have the PM about the new hype. This precedent should be stuck with in the future as it is easy to forget about MUN issues.
Original post by O133
It was nice to have the PM about the new hype. This precedent should be stuck with in the future as it is easy to forget about MUN issues.

No, it really shouldn't. :mad:
Reply 11
Original post by O133

Please ignore the above user as he doesn't like PMs.:yep:
That is the only issue with him.:h:

Thank you. I really like your idea. Will follow it.:h:
Original post by Sena5
Please ignore the above user as he doesn't like PMs.:yep:
That is the only issue with him.:h:

Thank you. I really like your idea. Will follow it.:h:

Ignore me because I have an opinion which you don't like? I'm sure I’m not the only person fed up with all these PMs. :rolleyes:
Reply 13
Original post by Samual
Ignore me because I have an opinion which you don't like? I'm sure I’m not the only person fed up with all these PMs. :rolleyes:

But then how do you think MUNs will proceed without sending PMs? Do you know any other alternative?
Original post by Sena5
But then how do you think MUNs will proceed without sending PMs? Do you know any other alternative?

The occasional PM isn't a problem, but you sent out three in the space of two hours today. Why can't you just limit yourself to only sending them, at most, once a week?
Reply 15
Original post by Samual
The occasional PM isn't a problem, but you sent out three in the space of two hours today. Why can't you just limit yourself to only sending them, at most, once a week?

I was silent and didn't send anything for 2 weeks and found the inactivity of members so I sent them.
That was sent so that members will be reminded and that's how Birchington suggested me to do.:h:
Original post by Sena5
I was silent and didn't send anything for 2 weeks and found the inactivity of members so I sent them.
That was sent so that members will be reminded and that's how Birchington suggested me to do.:h:

Oh really? I've counted 7 PMs in the last 2 weeks, not exactly silent. :rolleyes:

MUNthly Newspaper sent on the 18th
MUN Bulletin- New Hype Started sent on the 18th
MUN Bulletin sent on the 17th
Voting Opened!-China Security Council Rep Election sent on the 15th
Reminder-China Security Council Rep Election sent on the 12th
China Security Council Rep Election sent on the 11th
Reply 17
Original post by Samual
Oh really? I've counted 7 PMs in the last 2 weeks, not exactly silent. :rolleyes:

MUN Bulletin- New Hype Started sent on the 18th
MUN Bulletin sent on the 17th
Voting Opened!-China Security Council Rep Election sent on the 15th
Reminder-China Security Council Rep Election sent on the 12th
China Security Council Rep Election sent on the 11th

The Bulletin was sent after 2 weeks+ 2 days sending the previous Bulletin. So that was the silent I meant.
I had to send the short notices in between as that is my duty.
MUN cannot be kept silent for weeks as you say.
I do have to do it as it is my duty.
If you want to be removed from the MUN please tell me.
Instead don't keep complaining as we have to send PMs for important reasons.

And reviewing through your posts through Model United Nations is very less. You have only recently posted to argue with me about PMs. You have been found very less active in posting in the MUN forum.You can be removed from the MUN for this reason as well without further explanations.

What is the use of just inputting your name on the Roll Call when less active in the MUN forum? If you want to be removed please inform me.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Sena5
The Bulletin was sent after 2 weeks+ 2 days sending the previous Bulletin. So that was the silent I meant.
I had to send the short notices in between as that is my duty.
MUN cannot be kept silent for weeks as you say.
I do have to do it as it is my duty.
If you want to be removed from the MUN please tell me.
Instead don't keep complaining as we have to send PMs for important reasons.

And reviewing through your posts through Model United Nations is very less. You have only recently posted to argue with me about PMs. You have been found very less active in posting in the MUN forum.You can be removed from the MUN for this reason as well without further explanations.

What is the use of just inputting your name on the Roll Call when less active in the MUN forum? If you want to be removed please inform me.

You said you hadn't sent anything for two weeks but that was a lie, correcting you isn't arguing. I have already said I don't want to be removed, why do you keep asking me and nobody else? Please stop threatening me, if you continue I will complain.
Reply 19
Original post by Samual
You said you hadn't sent anything for two weeks but that was a lie, correcting you isn't arguing. I have already said I don't want to be removed, why do you keep asking me and nobody else? Please stop threatening me, if you continue I will complain.

Your contribution towards MUN are very low nearly nil and in MUN threads you have only posted to argue about PMs. Then you have to post on the UN forums interesting or not. Everybody are posting and if you want to be in the MUN you have to post new threads and reply to threads there. You cannot just stay without posting in any forums and just want to be a UN member. Others are posting on the MUN forums and contributing by making new threads. You are found not to post any replies or threads which others are doing willingly and others will find you unfair for not replying to threads. Other members are making use of the MUN.That has some use in being in the MUN.

I can't speak to others like this because they are posting in the MUN and doing good for the forum and making use of it.
Will you post in the MUN forums? Then I will not speak like that to you, definitely. This is not threatening.:no:

Quick Reply

Latest