The Student Room Group

MSc Finance in Europe, what are my chances ?

Hello everyone,

I am currently applying for several MSc in Finance and I would like to get your opinion regarding my chances to enter the following schools (ESADE, Bocconi, SSE, RSM, CBS, IE: all for the MiF). I am trying to determine which schools are a long shot and those where I have a very good chance at getting in. It is important to me as I don't want to end up empty hands. So I need your help.

Here’s my profile:

22 years old male, graduated from a Top 3 B-School in Canada GPA: 3.7 (fluent in English, Spanish, French)
GMAT:640 (Q 38; V 39); CFA level 1 passed in December 2013, CFA level 2 candidate June 2015

Extra-curricular activities: 4 years as a student athlete plus administrative role in the athletic program of my university, no particular and relevant job experience, half a dozen scholarships for academic and sport achievements.

My professional goal is to work as a research (macro, equity, fixed-income) analyst in either an investment bank, in the buy side in an asset management firm or in a data company (SP, Bloomberg etc). My medium term goal is to become a portfolio manager. The country doesn't really matter. I am eager to travel.

Thank you all of you for your time and help !

I wish you a good day.
bocconi student here.quite a few mcgill students this year,in the msc finance.i think you have a better chance at esade.you can either retake the gmat and apply to st gallen,bocconi ,ie .keep in mind that it is very difficult to find jobs in europe as an international student and even though bocconi is well recognised in europe,most of my friends are having a tough time in finding jobs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending