The Student Room Group

Who here is a really clever person?

seems like only dull people have social anxiety like me... some girl on here said she finds it hard talking to people like chatting... a lot of people are like this ... reality is they just aint clever enough. if you look at those oxbridge types they are good at everything cause they're actually clever... I guess we can't be super clever, so maybe we are only clever at maths or something

but i have met some people who think that they are clever cause they cant socialize.. aint they just nerds or geeks? im talking about actual clever people who are good at everything ...
Different people are clever in different ways, maybe I cannot speak English as good as you but I can perform a double backflip better :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Everyone.

Original post by The PM's guilt
im talking about actual clever people who are good at everything ...

These people only exist on Mars.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by EastGuava
Everyone.

These people only exist on Mars.

I'll tell you who isn't clever, the govt, sucking our high frequency minds and plotting to screw us over in this hologram called life

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Not trying to brag or anything, but I did get an A in WJEC Biology. Which is basically impossible.
Original post by RAV 123
Not trying to brag or anything, but I did get an A in WJEC Biology. Which is basically impossible.

Nothing is impossible, I landed a yolo flip, I was told that was impossible. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
um, have you actually met any 'actually clever people who are good at everything'???

And how 'good' are you talking about?
Reply 7
Original post by The PM's guilt
seems like only dull people have social anxiety like me... some girl on here said she finds it hard talking to people like chatting... a lot of people are like this ... reality is they just aint clever enough. if you look at those oxbridge types they are good at everything cause they're actually clever... I guess we can't be super clever, so maybe we are only clever at maths or something

but i have met some people who think that they are clever cause they cant socialize.. aint they just nerds or geeks? im talking about actual clever people who are good at everything ...

I knew a guy at school who just debated and passed exams and went to oxford. Sure he could talk because he didn't have the mental health issue of social phobia.

Wouldn't say he was good at everything. Just debating and exams.
Things wrong with this post:

1) You do not capitalise the beginnings of your sentences.
2) 'aint' - You have used colloquial language in a formal post, also, no apostrophe has been added (Ain't*)
3) 'actually clever... I guess we can't be super clever, so maybe we are only clever at maths or something' - This makes no sense and contradicts with itself.
4) 'im talking about actual clever people who are good at everything ...' - contradicts with previous quote
5) Name dropping girls to seem sociable

In conclusion: You are one of those 'dull social anxiety' types who is not really clever at all.

Reply 9
low intelligence isn't the cause for social anxiety, high levels of neuroticism and generalised anxiety, low self-esteem and high levels of emphasis on outcome-dependent confidence in interpersonal scenarios (a predictor for dependency levels in relationships)is a more significant factor imo.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Riku
low intelligence isn't the cause for social anxiety, high levels of neuroticism and generalised anxiety, low self-esteem and high levels of emphasis on outcome-dependent confidence in interpersonal scenarios (a predictor for dependency levels in relationships)is a more significant factor imo.

Plus social anxiety doesn't make you a 'boring' person

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Yeah dude
Plus social anxiety doesn't make you a 'boring' person

Posted from TSR Mobile

I knew a doctor with social anxiety
Original post by nohomo
I knew a doctor with social anxiety

Is this another pun?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13