The Student Room Group

How to dance with girls in clubs?

Ok, this is kind of a weird question but I'm a somewhat socially inept geeky guy and don't have that much experience with clubbing. TSR might not exactly be the best place for this question but I could do with some advice. :tongue:

Specifically I've hada few experiences where girls seem interested but I'm not sure how to initiate things. In particular they sort of dance half next to me/half in front of me (like they want to go in front of me but are shy) and I just sort of stand there awkwardly. I have a feeling I'm meant to grind from behind or something, but that seems kinda weird. Surely it would make more sense to dance face to face up close? How does one go from dance behind them to facing them? No one teaches you this stuff!

Super confused and super awkward... :lol:
Advice from both guys and girls welcome!
Reply 1
Bump... Some advice would be really helpful :redface:
Reply 2
Probably the wrong forum to post on as most of the guys on here think club is a short way of saying maths club.
Original post by Anonymous
Ok, this is kind of a weird question but I'm a somewhat socially inept geeky guy and don't have that much experience with clubbing. TSR might not exactly be the best place for this question but I could do with some advice. :tongue:

Specifically I've hada few experiences where girls seem interested but I'm not sure how to initiate things. In particular they sort of dance half next to me/half in front of me (like they want to go in front of me but are shy) and I just sort of stand there awkwardly. I have a feeling I'm meant to grind from behind or something, but that seems kinda weird. Surely it would make more sense to dance face to face up close? How does one go from dance behind them to facing them? No one teaches you this stuff!

Super confused and super awkward... :lol:
Advice from both guys and girls welcome!

Yes, dancing from behind them is not uncommon. But it depends on the type of music. Have you ever danced with a girl before? Take a female friend to some dancing classes so you can learn.
Reply 4
I'd be so scared if a total stranger started grinding on me, I don't care how appropriate the music is. You don't want to give off the wrong impression so just dance normally.
Reply 5
Original post by Juichiro
Yes, dancing from behind them is not uncommon. But it depends on the type of music. Have you ever danced with a girl before? Take a female friend to some dancing classes so you can learn.

Yeh I have a bit, like at prom and parties etc, but the dancing in nightclubs seems quite different and I found the dancing from behind a bit odd. :redface:

Original post by Ndella
I'd be so scared if a total stranger started grinding on me, I don't care how appropriate the music is. You don't want to give off the wrong impression so just dance normally.

Yeh I totally agree, the last person I wanna be is that creepy guy who tries it on with everyone. But on the occasions I mentioned they weren't total strangers and they purposely danced right up against me which makes me think they wanted me to dance with them... :confused:
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous

Yeh I have a bit, like at prom and parties etc, but the dancing in nightclubs seems quite different and I found the dancing from behind a bit odd. :redface:

Yeh I totally agree, the last person I wanna be is that creepy guy who tries it on with everyone. But on the occasions I mentioned they weren't total strangers and they purposely danced right up against me which makes me think they wanted me to dance with them... :confused:

Well if that's the case, dance the same way as them since they initiated it.
Reply 7
grind on dat ass or take their hands and dance
You just get drunk and let yourself go. No point in thinking about how you look, just have fun.

Quick Reply