The Student Room Group
City campus, Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University

nursing 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by may-z
Anybody applying for accommodation? :smile:

I'm not applying for nursing, but my boyfriend does Adult Nursing at GCU and he was in Cale Court for his first year. He said it was the worst experience of his life. He paid almost all of his bursary for essentially a bedsit. The tiniest room with a single bed, desk and chair and an en-suite (which again was tiny)

So maybe a private let would be better lol! We're getting a flat in townhead (which is great for students btw, look into it!). He worked it all out and he's only spending an extra £80 approx for this flat than what he paid at halls and our flat is substantially better!

So try and find someone to room with if you can! If not, halls i suppose is as good a place as any to meet potential new flatmates for year 2 :wink:
City campus, Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University
Reply 801
Original post by andersonr06
I'm not applying for nursing, but my boyfriend does Adult Nursing at GCU and he was in Cale Court for his first year. He said it was the worst experience of his life. He paid almost all of his bursary for essentially a bedsit. The tiniest room with a single bed, desk and chair and an en-suite (which again was tiny)

So maybe a private let would be better lol! We're getting a flat in townhead (which is great for students btw, look into it!). He worked it all out and he's only spending an extra £80 approx for this flat than what he paid at halls and our flat is substantially better!

So try and find someone to room with if you can! If not, halls i suppose is as good a place as any to meet potential new flatmates for year 2 :wink:

well I ahve applied for hall so hopefully it won't be too bad :wink:
Reply 802
Hi. I need some help
I am currently in as a level but I am dropping out at the end of this year to go and do Btec health and social care level 3. Will my I still be able to add my as ums points on Ucas application when I apply for uni? I want to do nursing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone going to the info session on 20th? X
Reply 804
Original post by stace224

I would be but my maths exam is on that day x
Reply 805

Yup me lol
Original post by jb22f
Yup me lol
cool! :-)

Yep, me!!
Reply 808
Does anyone know when the info day for MH nursing is? I've not heard anything since they offered me a conditional.
Reply 809
Does anyone know if nursing students are grouped together in accommodation due to the course being longer than standard uni courses.I know they do this elsewhere but was unsure about Glasgow cale.
Reply 810
Original post by chels08
Does anyone know if nursing students are grouped together in accommodation due to the course being longer than standard uni courses.I know they do this elsewhere but was unsure about Glasgow cale.

I am not sure but i hope they do because it would make sense :smile:
Reply 811
Original post by may-z
I am not sure but i hope they do because it would make sense :smile:

Yeah I hope so to.I would prefer to have all the nursing students together :smile:
Reply 812
I'm from Northern Ireland and I got an offer for QUB adult nursing and for GCU, I got offered accommodation in Caledonian court but I'm so torn on where to choose as I know Glasgow will cost so much with only getting the bursary😔
Reply 813
Original post by JemmG
I'm from Northern Ireland and I got an offer for QUB adult nursing and for GCU, I got offered accommodation in Caledonian court but I'm so torn on where to choose as I know Glasgow will cost so much with only getting the bursary😔

Without sounding silly, just do what you feel will give you the best experience and start for your nursing future, and you'd find a way of making your money situation work :smile:
Reply 814
Not long left until we all start! :biggrin:
Reply 815
Original post by may-z
Not long left until we all start! :biggrin:

Indeed :smile: just about a month to go right? Feels like forever since I applied haha :biggrin:
Reply 816
[QUOTE=WillSee;58600971]Indeed :smile: just about a month to go right? Feels like forever since I applied haha :biggrin:

Less than a month until the induction week starts! And it does feel ages away since the whole process started haha :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by CLclarkey
I am for children's :smile: I applied a week ago and have got 2 interviews in November yay!! I'm going on the 5th to Manchester Uni too :smile:

Sorry to bother you ! Wanting to apply to GCU for childrens nursing ! Can you just give me a rough insight of what you included into your personal statement and what grades you had when you applied and what grades you achieved this year ? x
I've just applied to gcu today for children's nursing! Any idea how long they take to respond and an interview?
Hello! I am doing adult nursing and we didn't have any interviews and heard back about January-April time. Good Luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending