The Student Room Group

International relations and European studies

Are international relations and european studies similar at all?
Original post by shirhan
Are international relations and european studies similar at all?

Generally yes- European studies when offered by a Politics department, is usually just a more specialized version of IR focusing on interaction between European states, particularly within the EU. At my uni for example IR & European Studies is the same degree as IR except the modules on the EU are compulsory.
Reply 2
Original post by jelly1000
Generally yes- European studies when offered by a Politics department, is usually just a more specialized version of IR focusing on interaction between European states, particularly within the EU. At my uni for example IR & European Studies is the same degree as IR except the modules on the EU are compulsory.

thank you :smile::smile:
Original post by shirhan
thank you :smile::smile:

To add to that when offered by a language department it can be different- languages will of course be compulsory and you;ll probally learn the culture of specific countries.
Original post by jelly1000

Heyy :smile: I'd like to know some information about the course. Where do you study it? I've applied for Aberdeen Uni. Do you know anything about the reputation the course has at Aberdeen?
Reply 5
Original post by ffrattini
Heyy :smile: I'd like to know some information about the course. Where do you study it? I've applied for Aberdeen Uni. Do you know anything about the reputation the course has at Aberdeen?

I applied to study it at kings with german, not started yet! Im afraid I don't know much about aberdeen

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending