The Student Room Group

St Olaves Entry

I was thinking about applying to ST Olaves for sixth form next year, but I know that it is really competitive to get in and am aware that the chances of gaining a place is slim.
I'm looking at 7A*s, 3As and a B at GCSE. Does anyone know if those grades are good enough to stand a chance?
Original post by Bana10
I was thinking about applying to ST Olaves for sixth form next year, but I know that it is really competitive to get in and am aware that the chances of gaining a place is slim.
I'm looking at 7A*s, 3As and a B at GCSE. Does anyone know if those grades are good enough to stand a chance?

Hey,

I think these grades are too good to eat. They are absolutely amazing - make sure you get them and yeah you do have a very good chance, now all you need to do is pass the entrance exams and get in. I am also applying to St Olave's sixth form for next year. What are you planning to do at a-levels?
Reply 2
Philosophy and Ethics, Psychology, Government and Politics and English Lit. What about you? :smile:
Reply 3
I'm a year 12 at olaves. I just joined this year. Those grades will be good enough. The main thing is you really need to do well in the entrance exam. I might be able to answer some questions 😃
Original post by Bana10

Those grades are fine. What's most important is having those predicted grades alongside good results in your entrance exam. I also joined Year 12 this September and can help if you need it :smile:

What subjects are you thinking of?
Original post by Bana10
Philosophy and Ethics, Psychology, Government and Politics and English Lit. What about you? :smile:

Ohh interesting... :0 Does St. Olave's do Gov and Politics, because last time I check it didn't do it. I am planning to take the complete opposite: Maths, Chemistry, Physics and History. Are you going to the opening evening?

Quick Reply

Latest