The Student Room Group

History choices

I am applying to study history and I am looking for courses very weighted towards modern and contemporary history. My target grades are A*AB, Going into this year with ABB. So far I think I will apply to Southampton, Royal Holloway and De Montfort as an insurance. I am looking for 2 maybe 3 more to apply to.

Does anybody know any courses that are very weighted towards modern history? I know most uni's will have one or two course modules that will require me to look at earlier periods and I'm fine with that.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Sullstar
I am applying to study history and I am looking for courses very weighted towards modern and contemporary history. My target grades are A*AB, Going into this year with ABB. So far I think I will apply to Southampton, Royal Holloway and De Montfort as an insurance. I am looking for 2 maybe 3 more to apply to.

Does anybody know any courses that are very weighted towards modern history? I know most uni's will have one or two course modules that will require me to look at earlier periods and I'm fine with that.

All course profiles are available on university websites. UEA and a couple of other unis offer Modern History.
Liverpool, UEA, Leicester, Southampton, Aberystwyth, Queen Mary (London), Essex, Cardiff all have courses slanted towards modern/contemporary history. Also look at American History (East Anglia) - offered with a Year Abroad........

PS. De Montfort? Don't even think about it. Not even as an Insurance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending