The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Psychology PSYA3/PSYA4 Revision Thread 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sodaman96
Which bit of the gender spec does psychological androgyny fall under?

It's still on the spec?
Anyone know what you would write for an evaluation of nature of sleep?
Anyone here whos not finished learning all their essays for unit 3?
Original post by dottielottie
It's still on the spec?

I was wondering as it was a question from 2011, was it taken off?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sodaman96
I was wondering as it was a question from 2011, was it taken off?

Posted from TSR Mobile

We completely skipped it I think the teacher did mention something about the spec so it could be that it was removed :smile:
Original post by daisychain_
How do we turn a methodological implication into a implication for the theory being discussed? For example with Buss's cross-cultural study, i wrote about the use of self-reports leading to social desirability bias which could decreases the validity of the findings. How is this an implication for the sexual selection theory?

I would say that it reduces the study's ability to provide credibility for the theory. :smile:
How do we turn a methodological implication into a implication for the theory being discussed? For example with Buss's cross-cultural study, i wrote about the use of self-reports leading to social desirability bias which could decreases the validity of the findings. How is this an implication for the sexual selection theory?

Well our teacher suggests that after we evaluate studies we just say something like "... And so these listed issues question whether the study can be used effectively to support/contradict the idea that sexual selection....."
If they ask a question about institutional aggression, will it be between or within groups OR both?
Hey! So I have done a 24 marker for Circadian Rhythms, feel free to have a look and any tips or feedback would be much appreciated!
Original post by cuppa
We completely skipped it I think the teacher did mention something about the spec so it could be that it was removed :smile:

Ah right I see , thanks :smile:

Theres nothing much more you can say other than the fact that the use of an unreliable self report technique makes it very difficult to establish whether the theory of sexual selection is related to human reproductive behaviour today. Its just hard to establish the credibility of the theory, because the measurement is likely to be somewhat inaccurate.
Original post by Maronite
If they ask a question about institutional aggression, will it be between or within groups OR both?

Not sure- i guess they could do either, but if they single out one, they'd reduce the marks to a 4-8 as opposed to 8-16.
Reply 2132

They won't specify which, they'll just ask for explanations of institutional aggression (it can be one explanation) and you can talk about both (but not if it asks for one)
Original post by Emily.97
Not sure- i guess they could do either, but if they single out one, they'd reduce the marks to a 4-8 as opposed to 8-16.

Original post by Nmys
They won't specify which, they'll just ask for explanations of institutional aggression (it can be one explanation) and you can talk about both (but not if it asks for one)

So we'd never get a 24 marker solely on institutional aggression within groups for example? Great! :biggrin:
Also what are people predicting for aggression? I haven't done any past papers (just making mindmaps of the essays now) so I have no idea what they've been asking.
So we'd never get a 24 marker solely on institutional aggression within groups for example? Great! :biggrin:

Doubt it.
Also what are people predicting for aggression? I haven't done any past papers (just making mindmaps of the essays now) so I have no idea what they've been asking.

Start timing yourself with past papers- otherwise you may struggle in the real thing.

My top prediction is institutional aggression. Maybe genetics, or evolutionary explanations(eg male jealousy)
Reply 2137

I think it's entirely possible to get a 24 marker in both of them to be honest.
Original post by Emily.97
Start timing yourself with past papers- otherwise you may struggle in the real thing.

My top prediction is institutional aggression. Maybe genetics, or evolutionary explanations(eg male jealousy)

Will do! And oooh I hope it's not evolutionary explanations... will that fall under biological explanations?

Also is biological explanations an umbrella term for hormonal/neural/evolutionary or can they specify (in terms of a 24 marker)?
Original post by Qui
I think it's entirely possible to get a 24 marker in both of them to be honest.

I wouldn't mind that as talking about both would be fairly easy. But talking about one of them for a 24 marker would be a challenge.

Quick Reply