The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Psychology PSYA3/PSYA4 Revision Thread 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TrojanH
Hey Saj,

My school is making me learn an extra module in case one of the modules questions are bad.

For example, I will be learning:

Relationships,
Aggression,
Eating Behaviours,

+ Gender

Do you think it is best for me to know the 3 modules in more-depth or, rather know a 4th as the school wants?

Hey,

Ideally I would focus on learning your 3 chosen modules inside out; the idea is to create and learn model essays for all the possible questions, which is very possible to do, so you don't need to worry too much about what can come up. Obviously you will have preferences over which essay your hoping for but you will be able to answer any.

If you need additional help I have model A* essays on Loopa psychology for your topics; you can literally reword them into your own words and memorise them then - this is a really effective way of preparing for these essay based exams! Literally thousands of students use this exam technique now and it does also help with learning as it begins to sink in too as you practice the essays.

Saj
(edited 8 years ago)
Does anyone know the 2015 relationships, gender or eating behaviour questions, would be very helpful
X
Original post by Florindawebster
Has anyone done the psychology 2015 paper that was stolen as a mock or anything ?!

We were going to but then our teachers change sit last minute!

Posted from TSR Mobile
does anyone recall the questions for (Gender/Eating Behaviours/Relationships) & (Addiction/Depression)
ANY of those topics will be fine please

regards
Original post by IAmUncreative
does anyone recall the questions for (Gender/Eating Behaviours/Relationships) & (Addiction/Depression)
ANY of those topics will be fine please

regards

Have you tried looking on the loops website the past questions are usually on there :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SiriusBlack18
Have you tried looking on the loops website the past questions are usually on there :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thankss
Original post by Florindawebster
Has anyone done the psychology 2015 paper that was stolen as a mock or anything ?!

We did the one that replaced the stolen ones. it was quite a nice paper really.
Is anyone doing these topics:
(I want a revision buddy aha)

Schizophrenia, Anomalistic Psychology, Gender, Aggression and Biological Rhythms and Sleep?
Original post by dragonsonmars
Is anyone doing these topics:
(I want a revision buddy aha)

Schizophrenia, Anomalistic Psychology, Gender, Aggression and Biological Rhythms and Sleep?

I'm doing Gender, Agression and Bio rhythms :smile: However for PSYA4 my second topic is addiction.
Reply 7549
Anyone have any good essay notes for Intelligence?
Hey guys, how much are you meant to actually to write for 24/12/6/10ms? and how many evaluative points?
Hey guys, how much are you meant to actually to write for 24/12/6/10ms? and how many evaluative points?
How many pages ideally should an 8 mark a01 be because my ones tend to be nearly 2 pages. Is that too much??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by adil_247
How many pages ideally should an 8 mark a01 be because my ones tend to be nearly 2 pages. Is that too much??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ideally it should be half a page. You only need 600 words or so to cover 24 mark essays, so 150 words should take up half a page at maximum.

I've finished this course, so let me know if you need any tips on anything.

E: Got a B overall, but got an A in PSYA3
Original post by Toy Soldiers
Ideally it should be half a page. You only need 600 words or so to cover 24 mark essays, so 150 words should take up half a page at maximum.

I've finished this course, so let me know if you need any tips on anything.

E: Got a B overall, but got an A in PSYA3

Hi mate,

that's very useful. Could you show us some examplar essays that are actually possible to write in the short time frame haha?

I'm wanting to know how much I should write and how many theories / AO2 I need to use for 8/16/24markers?
Original post by Jophilip123
hey, when writing the essays do you write all the a01 first and then all the a02 or write first part of a01 then challenging/supporting study then second part of a01..etc..

I used to write all the AO1 followed by all of the AO2 and got an A* last year, despite my teachers telling me I would get low marks for not interweaving it all in. So I think whichever way you want to do it is fine. The only time the "all AO1, all AO2" method would make you come unstuck would be if you started running out of time and realised you had spent too much time on AO1 and then didn't have enough time to do 16 marks worth of AO2. :smile:
does anyone know any websites/books that have good evaluations and IDA's?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The key with answering 24 mark essay questions is first you need to know the amount of time for each essay. 30 minutes each obviously. You should try to attempt to get all 8 a01 marks within 12 minutes. As Psya3 grade boundaries are always low every year 16 a02 points is not necessary. Atleast 10 a02 points will be good enough to get the high grade. 18 minutes to get 10 a02 points should be enough. I mean thats the technique I used and got an A in the Psya3 exam. And i also bought Saj's loopa books were extremely helpful to get me the A in the exam.
Yeh I also got loopa books but there's like 2 pages of a01 for the essays. I'm confused because would we need all that a01 for full 24 marks???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know a really good way of memorising essays? I want to be able to remember and regurgitate so it's just less stressful

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending