The Student Room Group

Speed Dating - your thoughts

Hi guys,

I was wondering what people think/ their experiences to Speed Dating?

For those who don't know - speed dating is where you go to an organised event, and you have about 3-5 minutes chatting to members of the opposite sex as they move around from person to person. So in one night you have chatted to maybe 15 different people. At the end, you tick on a sheet if you would like to see them or not, and then the orgnaisers let you know your matches (if you have both ticked yes to each other)

I'd never really considered this before, but given people are using tinder and so on to meet people, Speed Dating seems more like something I would be comfortable with rather than just meeting a random off the internet/ tinder. At least with speed dating you are in an environment where your only chatting to them for a few mins

Has anyone had any experience of Speed Dating?
What type of people generally go to these things?

I'm 25 and have a very busy job. I moved to a new city about 1 year ago from London and broke up with my long term boyfriend. I thought going to one of these events might just be abit of fun and give me abit more confidence with meeting new people etc

Keen to know what people think :-)
I've never been, but certainly sounds way better than tinder/online.
Original post by joker12345
I've never been, but certainly sounds way better than tinder/online.

What's wrong with Tinder/Online dating? It's simply a mechanism to bring single people together. If they like each other then they start chatting and organize a date and everything goes on as normal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending