Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Moaoms
wait... You did 5 AS subjects ?!

If you count the EPQ as an equivalent than yes.
The average amount of AS levels taken being 4, it's not a marginally different :smile:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Moaoms
Hi so I only did 3 AS subjects but in those 3 I got AAA and I am now predicted A*A*A, do you think durham will not accept me because I don't have a 4th AS ?

No dont worry you'll be good, you could do an extra AS this year aswell if you feel paranoid so you'll have 4AS results and 3 A levels at the end of this year :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
Original post by Moaoms
Hi so I only did 3 AS subjects but in those 3 I got AAA and I am now predicted A*A*A, do you think durham will not accept me because I don't have a 4th AS ?

Might be a slight disadvantage but no you should panic straight away
Original post by Moaoms
I sent my application off over 3 weeks ago to durham and my other unis and I still haven't had an acknowledgment for durham- I'm doing History at Trevelyen collage and I'm predicted A*A*A

Yeah, similar. I applied almost two weeks ago for International Relations with a UMS average of 97.7% and A*A*A* predicted grades and not even an acknowledgement. Charming, isn't it?
Reply 64
Original post by Alex347_
Yeah, similar. I applied almost two weeks ago for International Relations with a UMS average of 97.7% and A*A*A* predicted grades and not even an acknowledgement. Charming, isn't it?

Does make Durham look bad that they wont even send acknowledgements
Original post by chem@uni
Does make Durham look bad that they wont even send acknowledgements

Yeah exactly. It's like offering to buy something from someone for £27,000+ and not even receiving a thank you. It wouldn't happen in any other sector but higher education. It's a sellers market and the sellers can afford to be ignorant, unfortunately.
Reply 66
Yeah exactly. It's like offering to buy something from someone for £27,000+ and not even receiving a thank you. It wouldn't happen in any other sector but higher education. It's a sellers market and the sellers can afford to be ignorant, unfortunately.

Yeah I know but I even got an acknowledgement from Oxford
Yeah I know but I even got an acknowledgement from Oxford

Oh good. Well I suppose if they're going to make a decision they'll make one, I guess in reality the length they take doesn't matter too much. It's still frustrating though! Apparently Durham take until like March or sometimes later to give offers- if you go to their admissions FAQ's they have a graph from last year which shows the amount of offers they made in each month. In October it was only a few hundred, and this increased hugely after January.
Reply 68
Oh good. Well I suppose if they're going to make a decision they'll make one, I guess in reality the length they take doesn't matter too much. It's still frustrating though! Apparently Durham take until like March or sometimes later to give offers- if you go to their admissions FAQ's they have a graph from last year which shows the amount of offers they made in each month. In October it was only a few hundred, and this increased hugely after January.

You coudlnt post the link on here
Reply 69
hey guys!

I've got an offer to do maths! :biggrin: AAB, I was so happy! :smile:

applied to Grey's! :smile:

what's everyone else applying for?

anyone else heard back? :smile:
Reply 70
Original post by ashazd
hey guys!

Applied to do Chem at University (Castle), well done on your offer :smile: (even if you dont want to go :P)
Reply 71

The link for that would be really helpful for everyone
The link for that would be really helpful for everyone

I can't find it; their FAQ page is large.
Original post by ashazd
hey guys!

This early?! You lucky guy haha. I've applied for International Relations (Grey College too!) but not even an acknowledgement.
Reply 74
I can't find it; their FAQ page is large.

Well if you do or if anyone else knows where it is sounds like a great link
Reply 75
This early?! You lucky guy haha. I've applied for International Relations (Grey College too!) but not even an acknowledgement.

ah cool! :smile: where are you from? maybe I'll see you there next year :smile:
Original post by ashazd
ah cool! :smile: where are you from? maybe I'll see you there next year :smile:

I'm from Northumberland and yeah perhaps! I prefer the course at Leeds though, but it'd be a hard decision to reject an offer from Durham if I got one! Haha. Where are you from?
Reply 77
I'm from Northumberland and yeah perhaps! I prefer the course at Leeds though, but it'd be a hard decision to reject an offer from Durham if I got one! Haha. Where are you from?

I'm from Northumberland too, haha! :smile: and I love Durham, it's lovely, but I just think it's a bit too close to home, so I'm gonna wait and see what Oxford, Imperial and UCL say :smile:
Original post by ashazd
I'm from Northumberland too, haha! :smile: and I love Durham, it's lovely, but I just think it's a bit too close to home, so I'm gonna wait and see what Oxford, Imperial and UCL say :smile:

Oh that's a coincidence haha! Oh, I'm a bit of a home bird myself :P. I didn't apply to Cambridge mostly because I don't want to be so far away (well more so it was because I'd definitely do ****e at interview :P).
Reply 79
Oh that's a coincidence haha! Oh, I'm a bit of a home bird myself :P. I didn't apply to Cambridge mostly because I don't want to be so far away (well more so it was because I'd definitely do ****e at interview :P).

where abouts in Northumberland are you from? see, nah, I can't wait to move down South and get a cute little southern accent, they're adorable haha

and oh yeah, I'm gonna do ****e at interview, but meh, might as well give it a shot

Quick Reply

Latest