The Student Room Group

Psychology AS/A2

I am planning to take Biology, Chemistry and Geology at college, and have become interested in perhaps doing psychology too.

How do you generally find the subject? Would it be a little easier than the 2 sciences I am doing?
How many exams do you have for AS?
Would you recommend the subject? Why?
Along with psychology, which other subjects are you doing?

Thanks!
Original post by STUDYREVISE
I am planning to take Biology, Chemistry and Geology at college, and have become interested in perhaps doing psychology too.

How do you generally find the subject? Would it be a little easier than the 2 sciences I am doing?
How many exams do you have for AS?
Would you recommend the subject? Why?
Along with psychology, which other subjects are you doing?

Thanks!

Um i did psychology and id say its easier than your other sciences. There is essay writing less in AS but i think the A2 exams was all essay writing as far as i remember. Its interesting too and its good general knowledge to know that can help you personally. I would recommend it but obviously its not for everyone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Psychology is interesting and has a lot of applications in the real world. The AS exams are alright, easy enough if you revise sufficiently and remember the research + evaluation. It's harder than a lot of people believe which can be a bit of a shock when they first start, but it's not really difficult or anything. My other subjects are History and Maths.
Reply 3
I wouldn't be able to comment on how easy it is compared to your other subjects, as I don't do any of them. However, so far I am not finding Psychology particularly difficult, but it is really interesting. I've really been enjoying it, and would defiantly recommend it. My other subjects are History, English Lit and Philosophy and Ethics.
I'm taking psychology along with biology and French and it is the easiest subject out of those. At AS it was mainly a case of learning studies in detail, which didn't really require much thought but did require a lot of consolidation so that you could recall the information in the exam. There's evaluation aspects as well but those are not that hard to grasp and they're quite generalised so they can be applied to most studies. I had 2 exams for AS, one was 2 hours and the other was only 1 hour. I found the subject interesting and I'm planning to take a degree in psychology, which is why I took it at A-level. It's a little hard to give specific information as I don't know what exam board you would be on, but I'm on OCR.

Quick Reply

Latest