The Student Room Group

I'm feeling a bit depressed

Hi, just wanted to get something off my chest and see if anybody had any advice. I've been feeling a bit depressed recently and don't really know what to do. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to kill myself or anything, it's more of a low level boredom with life. I just sometimes don't know what to do with myself. For example, I enjoy playing PS4 but have been finding it hard to play recently. I also love movies but have been finding it hard to put one on recently. Honestly the only thing that brings joy to my life recently is football. I think a lot of it is to do with my "friends". I have one or two close friends outside my normal group, none of which go to my sixth form. The ones in my normal group are mostly dickheads, I know, and I'm not overly close with any of them bar one or two. One in particular is trying to cut me out and I'm sick of him, but I've been in this group for so long I'd find it hard to leave. I just feel like none of them would come and see me in hospital for example, or my death wouldn't have a major effect on their lives. I know I've rambled on here and if anyone's got to here, I applaud you, but I just felt I needed to get this off my chest

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
By football do you mean playing the sport, or supporting a club and attending their matches?
Reply 2
I mean attending sheffield Wednesday matches and watching it on the box. I go with my grandad and usually meet up with one of my close mates that doesn't go to my sixth form at halftime. I do have a kickabout most weekends in the park but I'm not really good enough to play for a club

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by BigJ97
Hi, just wanted to get something off my chest and see if anybody had any advice. I've been feeling a bit depressed recently and don't really know what to do. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to kill myself or anything, it's more of a low level boredom with life. I just sometimes don't know what to do with myself. For example, I enjoy playing PS4 but have been finding it hard to play recently. I also love movies but have been finding it hard to put one on recently. Honestly the only thing that brings joy to my life recently is football. I think a lot of it is to do with my "friends". I have one or two close friends outside my normal group, none of which go to my sixth form. The ones in my normal group are mostly dickheads, I know, and I'm not overly close with any of them bar one or two. One in particular is trying to cut me out and I'm sick of him, but I've been in this group for so long I'd find it hard to leave. I just feel like none of them would come and see me in hospital for example, or my death wouldn't have a major effect on their lives. I know I've rambled on here and if anyone's got to here, I applaud you, but I just felt I needed to get this off my chest

Posted from TSR Mobile

First of all, it takes a lot of courage to verbalize your feelings, even if it is on the internet, so well done, mate. :smile:

Second, I can't claim to understand your exact circumstances and feelings, but I recognize a lot of what you are describing. How long have you been feeling this way? I would recommend seeing your GP. Loss of enjoyment in things you usually liked to to, and a general hopelessness about the future could be warning signs of depression.

Wishing you all the best, and remember that you're not alone.
Reply 4
Original post by camaieu
First of all, it takes a lot of courage to verbalize your feelings, even if it is on the internet, so well done, mate. :smile:

Second, I can't claim to understand your exact circumstances and feelings, but I recognize a lot of what you are describing. How long have you been feeling this way? I would recommend seeing your GP. Loss of enjoyment in things you usually liked to to, and a general hopelessness about the future could be warning signs of depression.

Wishing you all the best, and remember that you're not alone.

Cheers pal :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest