The Student Room Group

Applying to Oxford and Physics Amplitude Test

Yeah there are 3 days left for me to apply to Oxford and I not content with my personal statement and literally just found out Ii have to do the Physics Amplitude Test to do Engineering at Oxford . These tests are in early November so basically 3 weeks away and I have I don't think I can do sufficient revision in that time as other posts have shown they have been revising since June and I am not a good crammer. I mean is there any point of me applying as this amount of disorganization pretty much proves I am not for Oxford.
Original post by leroythelost
Yeah there are 3 days left for me to apply to Oxford and I not content with my personal statement and literally just found out Ii have to do the Physics Amplitude Test to do Engineering at Oxford . These tests are in early November so basically 3 weeks away and I have I don't think I can do sufficient revision in that time as other posts have shown they have been revising since June and I am not a good crammer. I mean is there any point of me applying as this amount of disorganization pretty much proves I am not for Oxford.

I don't know your situation but from the sound of it, it doesn't sound like a good idea. I mean there are people who won't have started preparing for the PAT yet, but the fact that you've not even remotely researched the Oxford course does lead me to think that maybe you're not in a great position to be applying. Maybe I'm wrong and you're just ridiculously disorganised... but either way, it probably is a bit too late.

Also, it's the Physics Aptitude Test, not Physics Amplitude Test. I've got no idea what an amplitude test is, but it definitely isn't one.
Reply 2
Original post by Chlorophile

Also, it's the Physics Aptitude Test, not Physics Amplitude Test. I've got no idea what an amplitude test is, but it definitely isn't one.

Oh my god this got me :rofl:
Reply 3
HEY!!
I'M just wondering does anyone know how to solve q11 on the 2012 paper??
I know its one of the easier questions... i was abel to get all the for answers but i dont know how to write the answers
as inequalities...
How do you figure that out?!?!
THANKS!!
Original post by KivaR19
HEY!!
I'M just wondering does anyone know how to solve q11 on the 2012 paper??
I know its one of the easier questions... i was abel to get all the for answers but i dont know how to write the answers
as inequalities...
How do you figure that out?!?!
THANKS!!

You'd probably be better off making your own thread in the Physics forum.
Reply 5
Original post by loperdoper
You'd probably be better off making your own thread in the Physics forum.

I already made one... I was just checking

Quick Reply

Latest