The Student Room Group

Im so fed up and want to go uni already

I'm in year 13 and I've seriously had enough. I'm sick of London, I'm sick of A levels, I can't think or talk about anything but university. I dunno how I've still got a year to go till I'm finally there EURGHHH
anyone else fed up as hell?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
wait till you get to uni, you'll be fed up of it eventually as well lol
Reply 2
Original post by Aniraz
I'm in year 13 and I've seriously had enough. I'm sick of London, I'm sick of A levels, I can't think or talk about anything but university. I dunno how I've still got a year to go till I'm finally there EURGHHH

Original post by a10
wait till you get to uni, you'll be fed up of it eventually as well lol

Yeah OP, what is it you're sick of specifically? University unfortunately doesn't solve all... you're still stuck in a life ruled by deadlines and exams. Some things definitely tire after 3-4 years at it :tongue:
Reply 3
Original post by Nymthae
you're still stuck in a life ruled by deadlines and exams. Some things definitely tire after 3-4 years at it :tongue:

Totally true!!! Already fed up and term is not even halfway done.
Reply 4
Original post by Nymthae
Yeah OP, what is it you're sick of specifically? University unfortunately doesn't solve all... you're still stuck in a life ruled by deadlines and exams. Some things definitely tire after 3-4 years at it :tongue:

everyone says it's the best time of your life...it's gotta be better than sixth form surely.
Being in the same city I've lived in for 17 years, I feel so ignorant about the rest of England like when I visited a couple unis I found it so odd not being in London. A levels take up all my time, I want to go study a subject I'm really interested in (philosophy) and just live somewhere away from my parents, and join all those fun societies...typical stuff really.
Original post by Aniraz
everyone says it's the best time of your life...it's gotta be better than sixth form surely.
Being in the same city I've lived in for 17 years, I feel so ignorant about the rest of England like when I visited a couple unis I found it so odd not being in London. A levels take up all my time, I want to go study a subject I'm really interested in (philosophy) and just live somewhere away from my parents, and join all those fun societies...typical stuff really.

I know what you mean! It's so stressfull... Ahhh.. haha I want to study philosophy at uni too! Where are you applying??
I'm very much fed up of this school life .. I changed my school this year. It's been 8 months in this school now and I've not made a single friend here. I desperately want to end all this. I hope I come to UK next year, so that I can make some friends and don't feel so alone and numb:smile:
Reply 7
Just wait until you get to uni, you'll really appreciate the spoon-feeding lol. I thought the exact same thing as you last year.
I felt exactly like this in year 13. It's quite a potentially draining year in some respects.

Original post by Aniraz
Is London crap yeah? I was thinking of moving there but it seems bit too cramped for me.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by AgnosticVeggie17
I know what you mean! It's so stressfull... Ahhh.. haha I want to study philosophy at uni too! Where are you applying??

I applied to cambridge, york, manchester, birmingham and bristol. Haha its the best subject! :tongue: Where you applying?
Reply 11
Original post by Emil Cioran
Is London crap yeah? I was thinking of moving there but it seems bit too cramped for me.

Nah London is pretty great, I'm just fed up cos I've lived here all my life.

Pros: multicultural, loads to do, exciting, busy, all kinds of people live here, has loads of different parks and shops and tons of opportunities

cons: rains a lot, busy, everyone is stressed, polluted, smoky, grey, very expensive to live in
Reply 12
Original post by laurakate1988
I felt exactly like this in year 13. It's quite a potentially draining year in some respects.

Eurgh it is for real, still sent off my ucas application now so can breathe a bit...
god i am literally like this, all i want to do is go to uni now and be doing a course that actually interests me!

i'm applying for manchester, leeds and brighton so far :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by robynofficer97
god i am literally like this, all i want to do is go to uni now and be doing a course that actually interests me!

i'm applying for manchester, leeds and brighton so far :smile:

#alevels #thestruggle
nice, what course?
Reply 15
Original post by halamadrid777
I'm very much fed up of this school life .. I changed my school this year. It's been 8 months in this school now and I've not made a single friend here. I desperately want to end all this. I hope I come to UK next year, so that I can make some friends and don't feel so alone and numb:smile:

Awww! Dw, sure things will be better next year! Which country are you from?
Original post by Aniraz
#alevels #thestruggle
nice, what course?

i know god!! i'm doing social science atm but i'm hoping to do events management at uni, you? :smile:
my advise would be that just enjoy the last year of school before u go to uni - trust me, u will miss 6th form/college life when ur at uni! I miss my college loads! - I go Bath uni doing Social Sciences but yeah have a good last yeah and hope u enjoy uni when ur finally there :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by shivani123
my advise would be that just enjoy the last year of school before u go to uni - trust me, u will miss 6th form/college life when ur at uni! I miss my college loads! - I go Bath uni doing Social Sciences but year have a good last yeah and hope u enjoy uni when ur finally there :smile:

yeah i'll definitely make the most of it, thank you :smile: i hope you enjoy the rest of your time at uni
Original post by Aniraz
Awww! Dw, sure things will be better next year! Which country are you from?

India :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest