The Student Room Group

What to do about this guy?

I met this guy one night during fresher's week in my hall and he was quite drunk. He was obviously attracted to me, paying me compliments etc. and I went back to his flat but we didn't do anything, just sat and talked and being the sober one I didn't want to initiate anything. I kind of forgot about him for a few days, then we started texting and I realised we had quite a bit in common. Then the other night I was bored so I went round to his flat and we watched TV in his room for a little bit and he tried to kiss me. The thing was, I really really liked him and didn't want to do anything without knowing he actually liked me back. He told me he would have sex with me but he didn't want anything else which is fine and I appreciate he didn't want a relationship but I just felt so strongly about my feelings for him I got upset (not crying or anything, just sad) and he sat a comforted me for a little while before walking me home. I wanted to sleep with him so much but I didn't want to have to admit I was a virgin. I felt really humiliated and embarrassed when I got home, I mean who really wants to start a relationship during fresher's week? and I didn't really know him very well. But I still can't get him out of my head. I went over to another flat for predrinks the other night and he was there and completely blanked me and today he was actually in my flat with one of my flatmates. I don't know what to do, I feel like if I hadn't confessed my feelings so early, we could have had something? Please give me some advice I'm feeling pretty pathetic at the minute. :frown:
Jesus...paragraphs lady! They help us help you...

1. No, you did what you felt comfortable with. There's no ifs or buts around feeling bad about it

2. If you don't want to sleep with someone without being in a relationship, that's what YOU want. If he doesn't, then the best thing is to try and move on as best as you can. It's not easy, especially at the start of uni when things are all young and fresh, but trust me on this, it'll get much easier as you get older, from both sides of the equation

3. He's an absolute ******** for ignoring you. Do NOT blame yourself for his ****ty action.
Reply 2
Narrow escape in my view. Find someone who cares about you for your first time.
If you want to lost your virginity on a ons then go for it. Next time don't hold back.

I'm.surprised he was honest with you...I wouldn't
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I mean who really wants to start a relationship during fresher's week?

Did you read your own post? He doesnt want a relationship with you, he just wants to sleep with you, then move on to another girl.

To be honest this is what 90% of guys you meet in your life will want, so it depends what you want. If you want to just have a bit of fun then go for it. If you want something serious then wait till you meet someone from that 10%.
Original post by Zarek
Narrow escape in my view. Find someone who cares about you for your first time.

Agreed. Probably dodged a bullet there, OP.
You had a lucky escape, and I applaud you for making a sensible decision!
He would have happily had sex with you and forget about you, hurting you even more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending