The Student Room Group

Freshers, how many times have you been home since you have started?

I have been home 3 out of 4 weekends so far.

What about you? :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by moment of truth
I have been home 3 out of 4 weekends so far.

What about you? :biggrin:

I have been back exactly zero times. Though my family did come down last weekend.
0 times

Wtf is wrong with you going home almost every weekend. Get some independence and man up.
Original post by bittr n swt
0 times

Wtf is wrong with you going home almost every weekend. Get some independence and man up.

There is nothing wrong with being close with your family, and going to see them.
0 times

There is nothing wrong with missing home :sad: also had a hard time recently so I have been home a lot.
Reply 5
0 times

What is unmanly about seeing family? When I started first year I was back home every fortnight. You miss them a lot more when you can't visit them, so you might as make use of the ability while you still can.
Original post by joker12345
There is nothing wrong with being close with your family, and going to see them.

Then why move in the first place. I'm close with my family but I don't NEED to see them so soon. Its the first month ffs

There is nothing wrong with missing home :sad: also had a hard time recently so I have been home a lot.

I didn't say it was wrong just you need to adapt to not seeing them often
Haven't yet, going back next weekend though :smile:
Then why move in the first place. I'm close with my family but I don't NEED to see them so soon. Its the first month ffs

Everyone is different. But congratulations on your so called manliness by not visiting your family. :h:

Some people move out because its difficult to commute to university everyday.. and some people do feel the need to see them every weekend. Get over it.

For university? I'd prioritise my education over being close to home. If you feel people need to 'man up' if they want to see family, you don't sound like someone who's close with theirs.

But why? If you have the option to visit home and can afford it that can just be your routine.

Agreed. In freshers my parents visited me the first weekend, then I had a weekend at uni and then visited them the next weekend.

I know I do, but I have found it hard so I have been going back.
Original post by Tennumbers
Everyone is different. But congratulations on your so called manliness by not visiting your family. :h:

Some people move out because its difficult to commute to university everyday.. and some people do feel the need to see them every weekend. Get over it.

Shut up its stupid to come home every week.
For university? I'd prioritise my education over being close to home. If you feel people need to 'man up' if they want to see family, you don't sound like someone who's close with theirs.

But why? If you have the option to visit home and can afford it that can just be your routine.

Stupid routine
0 times

independence and going back home to visit family are two separate things. what visiting home makes you less of a man? pfft! if anything it makes you more of a man!
Shut up its stupid to come home every week.

Stupid routine

its really not! :facepalm: and dont tell her to shut up because you are wrong!

no its not!
Reply 15
Original post by cupcakes87
independence and going back home to visit family are two separate things. what visiting home makes you less of a man? pfft! if anything it makes you more of a man!

Actually I agree with bitter sweet. He's right. People who run back home are mummy's boys/daddy's girl types that need hand holding and constant validation from their parents.
Original post by cupcakes87

Tell me how it makes you more of a man... what? You're 18 and cant afford to not see mummy and daddy for a week

Lol all u lot crying a river over it are a bunch of jokers
Agreed. In freshers my parents visited me the first weekend, then I had a weekend at uni and then visited them the next weekend.

I am sure many freshers go home or their parents/family come to see them. I would think it is fairly normal as uni is such a big change and their will be others who feel like they don't need to.

Batman and joker not seeing eye to eye :biggrin:
Original post by Demon1
Actually I agree with bitter sweet. He's right. People who run back home are mummy's boys/daddy's girl types that need hand holding and constant validation from their parents.

not necessarily. it can be a big jump moving away and it can be harder for some than others. doesnt make anyone them a mummys boy.
a little familiarity while going through change never hurt anyone.
and its not a bad thing to get validation from parents whilst settling in. only the first few weeks. no one is ever going to have time to go back home all the time once they are fully settled

Quick Reply