The Student Room Group

History/Education at uni

So I did terribly this year, only achieving:
English A
History A
Maths B
Chemistry C
Biology C

I really want to study history and English together and where I can, with Education although I know some universities require much better grades. I'm currently sitting three highers and an advanced higher (AH history, H physics, H biology and H Spanish.

My universities of choice are:
Stirling ABBB
Edinburgh AAAA
Glasgow AAAAAB
ST Andrews AAABB

Do I have a chance with these universities? Edinburgh and Glasgow are the two that are most ideal however I'm worried that if I apply I won't get in.

(I'm predicted A in AH history and A's in H biology and H Spanish and a B/A in H physics)
Original post by clannem
English A
History A
Maths B
Chemistry C
Biology C

I really want to study history and English together and where I can, with Education although I know some universities require much better grades. I'm currently sitting three highers and an advanced higher (AH history, H physics, H biology and H Spanish.

Stirling ABBB
Edinburgh AAAA
Glasgow AAAAAB
ST Andrews AAABB

Do I have a chance with these universities? Edinburgh and Glasgow are the two that are most ideal however I'm worried that if I apply I won't get in.

(I'm predicted A in AH history and A's in H biology and H Spanish and a B/A in H physics)
No point your doing AH History, tbh. It won't count as you already have an A. I know as I was in same position and contacted Uni for info. They said best if I forget the AH!!!!
Original post by clannem
English A
History A
Maths B
Chemistry C
Biology C

Stirling ABBB
Edinburgh AAAA
Glasgow AAAAAB
ST Andrews AAABB

Those aren't really terrible results at all, I think you could easily get a conditional offer for Stirling but I have no idea about Ggow or Edinburgh... Have you contacted admissions? Try to phone them because I emailed one uni and the guy who replied was a depressed unhelpful idiot. imo i think you should keep the AH history just cause I know whats its like having to not take it :frown: really wanted to do it this year but couldnt.
Reply 3
Original post by Cinnamon Bun
No point your doing AH History, tbh. It won't count as you already have an A. I know as I was in same position and contacted Uni for info. They said best if I forget the AH!!!!

Hey, thanks for this! I'm actually starting uni next month, I'm only at Strathclyde but it's better than nowhere :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Zain-A
Those aren't really terrible results at all, I think you could easily get a conditional offer for Stirling but I have no idea about Ggow or Edinburgh... Have you contacted admissions? Try to phone them because I emailed one uni and the guy who replied was a depressed unhelpful idiot. imo i think you should keep the AH history just cause I know whats its like having to not take it :frown: really wanted to do it this year but couldnt.

Hey, I ended up with four offers in total, an unconditional at Stirling, and conditions of one higher B for Strathclyde, Dundee and Aberdeen :smile: I got rejected by Edinburgh though ahah. But I continued with the AH History last year and now I'm set to study at Strathclyde university next month :smile: But thank you! And I hope everything works out for you!
Original post by clannem
Hey, I ended up with four offers in total, an unconditional at Stirling, and conditions of one higher B for Strathclyde, Dundee and Aberdeen :smile: I got rejected by Edinburgh though ahah. But I continued with the AH History last year and now I'm set to study at Strathclyde university next month :smile: But thank you! And I hope everything works out for you!

Woooo! Well done, I didn't even notice this was from a year ago ahaha

Quick Reply

Latest