The Student Room Group

Computer Science applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by epicme
Well, I still need to decide. Good luck with your mocks!

Thanks! PM me when you decide, maybe we can meet there :smile:
Reply 461
Original post by Schrode
Thanks! PM me when you decide, maybe we can meet there :smile:

Sure will!
---
I booked it on 4th Feb just now. :wink:
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm an international, and I don't have an interview from Imperial yet. Anyone?
Original post by epicme
Sure will!
---
I booked it on 4th Feb just now. :wink:

Awesome! :biggrin:
Reply 464
Guys I have made an embarrassing error with my UCAS and could really use some advice :frown:

Much to my shock I received a confirmation of application email from Bath this morning after sending my UCAS 48 hours ago - the email told me I had applied for the Masters course with A*AA typical offer - and I meant to apply to the BSc with AAA typical offer. I am amazed it slipped through unnoticed, but now I am unsure on what to do, I tried substituting the course for the BSc on UCAS but it said you have to change the institution! what should I do?

thanks
Reply 465
Original post by cmorga1
Guys I have made an embarrassing error with my UCAS and could really use some advice :frown:

Much to my shock I received a confirmation of application email from Bath this morning after sending my UCAS 48 hours ago - the email told me I had applied for the Masters course with A*AA typical offer - and I meant to apply to the BSc with AAA typical offer. I am amazed it slipped through unnoticed, but now I am unsure on what to do, I tried substituting the course for the BSc on UCAS but it said you have to change the institution! what should I do?

thanks

Best idea would be to contact UCAS and tell them about the problem. I'm sure they will sort it out for you.
http://www.ucas.com/about-us/contact-us
Original post by cmorga1

thanks

You can change any decision on ur application within a week from what i remember, call em up now asap, similar thing happened to me before where i wanted to change my insurance and 1st choice
Applied to:
Cambridge - rejected before interview
Bristol - Offer AAA/AAB (with A in FM and M)
Exeter - Offer ABB
Warwick - Offer AAA
Southampton - Offer AAA

AS:
Maths - A
F. Maths - A
Physics - A
Chemistry - C

A2 Predicted
Maths - A*
F. Maths - A
Physics - A*
Chemistry - A (really screwed this one up this year)

All in all pretty pleased, nice to hear back from Bristol before the new year.
Original post by Stav_D
Finally got Exeter! Now to decided which ones to CF/CI :smile::smile::smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I finally got an offer from Exeter as well! I sent my application off on the 11th November, so over a month for me - quite relieved now! :smile:
Reply 469
Original post by Ostrich
I finally got an offer from Exeter as well! I sent my application off on the 11th November, so over a month for me - quite relieved now! :smile:

Yeah same, sent mine on off on the 14th. I'm even more surprised I got the offer 2 days after they sent me an email saying it's unlikely I'll hear until after Jan 15th! :smile:
Reply 470
Original post by Ostrich

Congratulations. I have applied for Exeter too, sent off UCAS exactly 3 weeks ago, I guess I still gotta wait for a little bit more...and hopefully I'd get an offer :yep:
Original post by MattTBMcElroy
GCSEs: 8 A*s, 2 As
AS:AAAAA
Predicted: A*A*A*A*
(Would also like to add that I have not took a Computing A level)

Applied for straight computer science at Bath, Bristol, Durham, Imperial and Cambridge (Interview on Friday!!!).

Offers from all but Cambridge but don't have conditions through for Imperial yet.

Good luck to everyone else applying for computer science this year :smile:

What college are you applying to? Did your interview go well? Also, is Bristol your 3rd choice?

I am also applying to Cambridge
Original post by IesIicules
What college are you applying to? Did your interview go well? Also, is Bristol your 3rd choice?

I am also applying to Cambridge

I am applying to Churchill, I really have no idea how it went however! Great to see someone else has applied to Cambridge too, which college did you apply for?

Also yes, Bristol is my third choice behind Cambridge and Imperial :smile:
Hi all,
I got ACE in my A-levels (with the E in maths of all subjects) but I have offers from Aston and Huddersfield of BBB/300 UCAS point and have been invited to York interview and also Leeds Applicant day (hoping for ABB through Access Scheme). Just wondering, has anyone else been invited/already had the interview? If so, how'd it go?
I'm really hoping to get BBB but my AS Grades are definitely not the best (to say the least) but I'll do my best!
Reply 474
Just got invited for a visit day (including interview and aptitude test) by University of Birmingham. Anyone else?
Reply 475
I am applying to Churchill, I really have no idea how it went however! Great to see someone else has applied to Cambridge too, which college did you apply for?

Also yes, Bristol is my third choice behind Cambridge and Imperial :smile:

Ooh another churchill applicant, hey! How did you do on that test?
I sent my application about 4 weeks ago applied for computer science at:
Glasgow Uni
Edinburgh Uni
Strathclyde Uni
and Ethical Hacking at:
Abertay uni
Calidonian Uni

I got ABBBC in my Highers and I'm currently studying Adv. Higher Maths, Higher Computing and Higher Psychology!
Not heard back from any of my choices yet :frown:!
Original post by TVIO
Ooh another churchill applicant, hey! How did you do on that test?

Hi, don't really know how I did on the test but definitely not anything spectacular, how did you do?
Wasssupp comp sci peoples!!

I've applied to a mix of Comp Sci/Artificial Intelligence/Electronics and Comp Sci programs:

Edinburgh, Comp Sci and Electronics (ABBB highers minimum)
Nottingham, Comp Sci and AI (ABB at advanced higher with computing)
Lancaster Computer Systems Engineering (BBBBB at higher)
Reading AI with YINI (BBB/ABC at Advanced Higher)
Loughborough Comp Sci and AI (AB at Advanced Higher, BBBBB at Higher)

Advanced Higher/Higher Predicted:
AH Maths - C (changed to an A, emailed about my situation)
AH Physics - C (Changed to an A)
AH French - C (A grade lower than last year! Changed to B)
H Computing - A

Highers (had some pretty rough extenuating circumstances)
Tech Studies - A
French - B (one mark off an A)
English - B (one mark off an A)
Maths - C (one mark off a B)
Physics - C (one mark off a B)

Awesome personal statement - everyone has commended me for it
Epic Reference

Hope I get offers, although I'm expecting rejections (already got one from Glasgow but I changed to Lancaster). If not, it'll be a gap year for me.

Good luck everyone!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 479
Hi, don't really know how I did on the test but definitely not anything spectacular, how did you do?

Pretty rubbish I thought. Got a few of the questions, ended up guessing a few. All in all: 1% chance of me getting an offer. (interviews were decidedly 'meh/bad'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending