The Student Room Group

Computer Science applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Princepieman
Yaaaayyy!! Hope they don't so we can be Comp Sci buddies! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha :-P What did they offer you out of curiosity? :-)
Original post by DutchSR
Haha :-P What did they offer you out of curiosity? :-)

ABB in my Advanced Highers, I've heard AHs are more difficult so the offers for us tend to be lower.

What about you?
Original post by Schrode
Alright, I hope it will be a wise choice *hint hint* :wink: haha, anyway, enjoy the open day. Let me know how it went! :smile:

Haha thanks, I will do - good luck for your interview!
Reply 723
Got all my university offers for Computer Science, just need to choose my firm and insurance choices!
Reply 724
Original post by Akbar1
Got all my university offers for Computer Science, just need to choose my firm and insurance choices!

Nice! You've got loads of time to decide. We can wait till May to decide and I probably will. I know what I'm going to firm/insurance but just in case I change my mind...
Reply 725
Original post by TVIO
Nice! You've got loads of time to decide. We can wait till May to decide and I probably will. I know what I'm going to firm/insurance but just in case I change my mind...

I am not choosing my firm/insurance choices for some time, personally.

I got offers from Aberdeen, Dundee, Glasgow, Nottingham and Queen Mary :smile: How about you?
Reply 726
Original post by Akbar1
I am not choosing my firm/insurance choices for some time, personally.

I got offers from Aberdeen, Dundee, Glasgow, Nottingham and Queen Mary :smile: How about you?

Very nice places, but Scotland's too cold for me :biggrin: You must have a favourite or a few you like more though surely?
Got my 5 from Cambridge, Imperial, UCL, Birmingham and Bath. Almost certainly going to firm Cambridge and insurance UCL but there's a very slim chance I'll insurance Imperial instead, so I'm not going to add it to UCAS for a while.
Reply 727
Original post by TVIO
Very nice places, but Scotland's too cold for me :biggrin: You must have a favourite or a few you like more though surely?
Got my 5 from Cambridge, Imperial, UCL, Birmingham and Bath. Almost certainly going to firm Cambridge and insurance UCL but there's a very slim chance I'll insurance Imperial instead, so I'm not going to add it to UCAS for a while.

Offers from very respectable universities.

Very likely I am going to firm Glasgow and have Queen Mary/Nottingham as an insurance, but only time will tell. Hoping not to get caught up in the violence/crossfire up in Glasgow if I do end up going there!
Original post by Akbar1
Offers from very respectable universities.

Very likely I am going to firm Glasgow and have Queen Mary/Nottingham as an insurance, but only time will tell. Hoping not to get caught up in the violence/crossfire up in Glasgow if I do end up going there!

Haha, I got rejected by Glasgow, changed it to Lancaster (within the 7 day period) and got an offer.

I'm firming Notts and deciding between Loughborough (if I get an offer) and Lancaster. (If Edinburgh gives the same offer - they will most certainly be my insurance)

Got 3 out of 5 offers so far, still waiting on luffs and Edinburgh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm applying for computer science and game development :smile: Predicted grades are A*A*A with the A*s in Maths and Physics, with predicted A in AS Further Maths too.

My main two applications are MComp Computing Science at UEA and MComp Computer Science (Game Engineering) at Newcastle (both with year in industry). Got an unconditional from UEA but still waiting on N'cle.

Also very interested in studying Japanese at uni, too; the options for that seem more varied and readily available at UEA. Also want to do an industrial year in Japan and both of the above unis said that it could be arranged!
Original post by TVIO
Ohhh if only it were that simple. I went for Imperial's G401 (MEng single honours CS) and got an offer of A*A*AA and a 1 in STEP II.

Dayummm, well like I said, we're doing lots in my Further Maths class, what was the reason for such a high requirement? They're average is A*AA with no STEP?

We're spending the rest of the year doing STEP in FM now so that should be useful. If I can't meet the STEP requirements, I'll have to opt for a different course, but I shouldn't think it will be too bad.
Reply 731
Original post by WillWalker23
Dayummm, well like I said, we're doing lots in my Further Maths class, what was the reason for such a high requirement? They're average is A*AA with no STEP?

We're spending the rest of the year doing STEP in FM now so that should be useful. If I can't meet the STEP requirements, I'll have to opt for a different course, but I shouldn't think it will be too bad.

No, they claim their 'typical' is A*AA but in reality (they said this themselves on the interview day) that's a minimum. At another interview day, they said their strongest applicants get the hardest offers because they're more capable or some bs like that, so...f*** 'em I'll go elsewhere.
Original post by TVIO
No, they claim their 'typical' is A*AA but in reality (they said this themselves on the interview day) that's a minimum. At another interview day, they said their strongest applicants get the hardest offers because they're more capable or some bs like that, so...f*** 'em I'll go elsewhere.

Like that make sense? Imperial can be like that. My brother applied for Chem Eng, got an interview, and never sent him a letter or email to turn him down, just did it over UCAS. Not like he couldn't have met the grades, and he did the right subjects.

I have the same attitude - I'd rather go to Cambridge and the course looks a lot better at Cambridge.
Reply 733
Original post by WillWalker23
Like that make sense? Imperial can be like that. My brother applied for Chem Eng, got an interview, and never sent him a letter or email to turn him down, just did it over UCAS. Not like he couldn't have met the grades, and he did the right subjects.

I have the same attitude - I'd rather go to Cambridge and the course looks a lot better at Cambridge.

I loved the Imperial interview day and was genuinely worried about deciding between Cambridge and Imperial as their courses both looked good in different ways (though I slightly preferred Cambridge's anyway) but their stupid offer made me so angry...Luckily managed to get an offer from Cambridge so I can turn down Imperial as a big screw you to them.
Hello

Has anyone got any offers for:
Liverpool Hope Uni for Computer Science
Edge Hill Uni for Computing
Manchester Met Uni for Computer Science

i got two unconditional offers for Liverpool Hope and Edge Hill
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 735
Original post by TVIO
No, they claim their 'typical' is A*AA but in reality (they said this themselves on the interview day) that's a minimum. At another interview day, they said their strongest applicants get the hardest offers

Well at least you can take pride from the fact that you were considered a strong applicant
Reply 736
Original post by FN510
Well at least you can take pride from the fact that you were considered a strong applicant

Yay I guess? I'd rather have been considered a weak one and been able to actually use their offer though...
Reply 737
Original post by TVIO
Yay I guess? I'd rather have been considered a weak one and been able to actually use their offer though...
True. Well if what you've said is true, that'll be no step for me! (unless I get rejected... And get nothing:frown: )
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 738
Original post by FN510
True. Well if what you've said is true, that'll be no step for me! (unless I get rejected... And get nothing:frown: )

Stay optimistic, I didn't think I'd get an offer from my top 3 choices, but I did.
Reply 739
Will do
Original post by TVIO
Stay optimistic, I didn't think I'd get an offer from my top 3 choices, but I did.

C'mon - with straight As and A* predictions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending