The Student Room Group

Computer Science applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I don't think imperal do maths and computer science. However, for me it took about two weeks.
Original post by KamrulTaiff
I applied for maths and computer science in imperial, will they require an interview? Ands also how long did it take for them to get back to you?
Original post by irene090
I don't think imperal do maths and computer science. However, for me it took about two weeks.

Yeah they do, i applied for it :wink:. What course did you apply for then?
Reply 62
Maths and mathematical computation
Reply 63
Sorry I made a mistake. I applied to maths and computer science too.
Maths and mathematical computation

Do you remember when you applied? I'm really worried as its been 2 weeks and no replies yet :confused:
Reply 65
Imperial takes longer than the other uni. My ucas is sent on the 10th October. don't worry about it, they will get in touch with you soon,
Do you remember when you applied? I'm really worried as its been 2 weeks and no replies yet :confused:
I'm applying for computing and french at university of Stirling :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Imperial takes longer than the other uni. My ucas is sent on the 10th October. don't worry about it, they will get in touch with you soon,

Thanks for reassuring me :biggrin:, and i applied on the 14th of October, so hopefully get an offer this week. What other uni's have you applied to?
Reply 68
Bristol , bath
Oxford
And Southampton
Thanks for reassuring me :biggrin:, and i applied on the 14th of October, so hopefully get an offer this week. What other uni's have you applied to?
GCSEs: 6As 6Bs 2Cs
AS: ABBC
Predicted: AAA

Uni choices: Surrey, Warwick, Kings, Kent. Maybe QM.
Whoop whoop I've got an offer from UCL (A*AA) :biggrin: Also Imperial does ask for an interview for their Computing degree :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got an invitation to Newcastle's applicant day on the 29th of November :biggrin:

Anyone else going?

Does this invitation likely = offer??
Original post by Guy from t'North
Just got an invitation to Newcastle's applicant day on the 29th of November :biggrin:

Anyone else going?

Probably yeah, I'm applying to Newcastle too! What were your predicted grades?
Original post by lollipopsftw
Probably yeah, I'm applying to Newcastle too! What were your predicted grades?

Nice one, good luck with your application too! :smile:

I'm doing a BTEC in IT, my predicted grade is D*D*D
Nice one, good luck with your application too! :smile:

I'm doing a BTEC in IT, my predicted grade is D*D*D

Ahh alright that's awesome! Hopefully mines finalised my Monday!

Anyone else going?

Me too! My (year 14) friend went to one and then got an unconditional offer! But I don't know if I can make it :s-smilie:
Applied

GCSE: 2A*s, 10As, 2Bs
AS: ABBBB
A2 Predicted: AAB (A in AS Further Maths as well) My head of 6th form refused to predict me AAA which was really annoying :angry:

Applied to: Bath, York, Exeter, Glasgow, Newcastle

Got an Offer from Glasgow already for AAB so fingers crossed!

Got an Computing Science Admissions Day at Newcastle but not entirely sure if I can make it! Also couldn't make the Open Day! Heard it was a nice Uni though....
Original post by Rifleboy123
Whoop whoop I've got an offer from UCL (A*AA) :biggrin: Also Imperial does ask for an interview for their Computing degree :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did u go to an interview?
Original post by simpletech668
Me too! My (year 14) friend went to one and then got an unconditional offer! But I don't know if I can make it :s-smilie:

Cool, did he have to do any sort of tests or interview while he was there? how did he get an unconditional?

How come you can't make it?
Cool, did he have to do any sort of tests or interview while he was there? how did he get an unconditional?

How come you can't make it?

Don't think so, but I need to confirm. I believe it is really informal and they just want to get to know you better! I'm not sure how he got it, but I will ask. Although, he didn't put it as his firm and failed to get the grades to get into his firm and insurance so he's redoing the year.

I've got a concert I'm playing at and would prefer not to miss it, but it seems like I'm going to have to!

Quick Reply

Latest