The Student Room Group

A level revision

My A level exams are in November 2015 and I really want to get As or Bs -- not below that-- so how should I get started with studying regularly without being exhausted and which serves me good grades too? My subjects are --
Business studies
Economics
English language
Art & design
Accounting
Please give some tips about how to get started!!!!!!
Check out www.keweipress.com

There is a free article on revision and also some articles on economics. Might help!
Reply 2
Thanks! It was really helpful :smile:
Reply 3
For Art & Design (I didn't do it for A-level but I got full UMS, A* in GCSE) - From what my friends told me, who got A's during their AS year, here's how they did it and I agree with their study tactic. Just continuously do studies of whatever your chosen object/portrait is. If you see a good artist online, bookmark it so it'll be easy to do further research when your teacher asks for it. Do at least an hour of observational drawings in your sketchbook, and maybe additional close up drawings, or even with watercolour or acrylic paints; whatever you're comfortable in :smile: As long as you regularly keep up with your sketchbook and is always working on a piece of art every day, you'll be set and ready for the final exam. :biggrin:Teachers always say it's "Quality over Quantity", but if you do lots of observations, even if it's not done really well, you will still get a high grade! :biggrin:
Reply 4
Thank you! :smile:
I'm in Year 13 and also writing in May/June 2015
Accounting (A2)
Business (A2)
Spanish (A2)
Economics (A1)
Maths & Stats (A1)
Well nothing is easy my dear but GET TO WORK NOW!! Especially for accounting it is not that hard but practice a lot.. Try to get enough informations from diverse areas on Accounting.
Business is about reading and putting your knowledge into application. Base your essay response on
Knowledge
Application
Analysis
Evaluation
Use a lot of Business terms when answering questions. This shows to the examiner your ability to handle business questions and your accuracy in answering them.
it is very helpful.. Economics is very broad and you should not only rely on the book, you have great sites like www.tutor2u.net
Economics is a technical subject and requires a lot of reading, high logic and attention it's not like IGCSE..
Finally you will be fine for your exams it's in a year time and don't think you have time..
And Good luck
Be serious with your work, take your time, make sure you practice a lot and the most important you understand what you are doing. Don't be in the hurry to look at the marking scheme 😂😂.. (joking) anyway good luck!!
I can help you in Business and Accounting this year as we are both doing the same subject.
Original post by kevinbarry
Check out www.keweipress.com

There is a free article on revision and also some articles on economics. Might help!

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending