The Student Room Group

what qualification should i take for Database admin/analyst jobs?

I want to be a database admin but they require 1-2 experience. I don't have it, but i want to take Microsoft qualifications for it and there seems to be little internships in that area. There are lots of different types of qualifications for database, and i was wondering which one would be the best for a starter?

Thanks
Original post by water_boyy
I want to be a database admin but they require 1-2 experience. I don't have it, but i want to take Microsoft qualifications for it and there seems to be little internships in that area. There are lots of different types of qualifications for database, and i was wondering which one would be the best for a starter?

Thanks

Have you any knowledge with databases whatsoever? Or not? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Binary Freak
Have you any knowledge with databases whatsoever? Or not? :smile:

yes, some. i've used Microsoft access, excel and built tables using SQL
Original post by water_boyy
yes, some. i've used Microsoft access, excel and built tables using SQL

Hmm.. You could take the MTA Database Fundamentals (98-364) - This shouldn't take more than a week or two to complete.

Then look into more specific ones, perhaps the MCSA SQL Server, or the OCP :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Binary Freak
Hmm.. You could take the MTA Database Fundamentals (98-364) - This shouldn't take more than a week or two to complete.

Then look into more specific ones, perhaps the MCSA SQL Server, or the OCP :smile:

Okay, thanks for the help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending