The Student Room Group

5th Marine Biology Uni Choice?

Hey, I'm applying to study Marine Biology and I am really struggling for my 5th choice.
I've decided on Newcastle, Bangor, Plymouth and Aberdeen. If any current MB students could tell me where they're studying currently or if there is anyone else applying for the same course that could help. Thanks!!! :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by m3rmaidgirl
Hey, I'm applying to study Marine Biology and I am really struggling for my 5th choice.
I've decided on Newcastle, Bangor, Plymouth and Aberdeen. If any current MB students could tell me where they're studying currently or if there is anyone else applying for the same course that could help. Thanks!!! :smile:

Hey, I'm studying Zoology so not too far off. St Andrews, York, Bristol and Ulster are all really good for biosciences :smile:
Original post by m3rmaidgirl

Do remember that you don't need to put down 5 choices if you can't find a 5th choice you like. I actually opened the thread to recommend Plymouth.

Southampton has a really good reputation for marine biology, I think.

Otherwise, you've got 4 good choices, so don't worry about finding a 5th, and you can always add one later if your UCAS is ready to send off.
Other options Exeter, Portsmouth, Essex, Liverpool?
Not a MB student but St Andrews definitely. The school of biology is really focused on the marine biology aspect. Lots of research that is world leading is in marine biology. They have multiple research groups including the Scottish Oceans Institute in St Andrews.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending