The Student Room Group

Advice and opinions on Unis

I just need your advice and opinions on stuff so.........

I want to study graphic design/communication.

I'm ABC kind of student, at my best I'm AAC.

I was looking at Leeds but they want ABB, what if I get AAC?

What are your opinions on Leeds?
What about the other Universities?

What about employment rates of different Unis?

Is there a good site to compare Unis by course?

Any university recommendations for graphic communication?

Is this a myth e.g it will be harder to get 2.1 at a Russell group Uni than a non Russell group, how will this translate when it comes to finding a placement?

What if am the 1st to go to Uni in my family, what does this mean, Is it a good or bad thing?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by 10614LW

What if am the 1st to go to Uni in my family, what does this mean, Is it a good or bad thing?

This could work in your favour - Access to Leeds may be a possibility here, if you fulfill other criteria. This will qualify you for an Access to Leeds offer which is two grades below the typical offer (so ABB becomes BBC) but it does require some effort on your part. If it is where you want to go though it's well worth looking into.
Reply 2
Original post by Nymthae
This could work in your favour - Access to Leeds may be a possibility here, if you fulfill other criteria. This will qualify you for an Access to Leeds offer which is two grades below the typical offer (so ABB becomes BBC) but it does require some effort on your part. If it is where you want to go though it's well worth looking into.

Do you know any other Unis that offer something similar too?
Reply 3
Original post by 10614LW
Do you know any other Unis that offer something similar too?

RG Unis are detailed here. Other universities will have schemes, so just google stuff like "University X widening participation" or something similar.

They all tend to differ in some ways. The Newcastle scheme was used a lot at my college - so I had a guaranteed offer from them if I applied, and loads of my friends did the summer school thing for a lower offer. Only applies to certain colleges though but it's worth checking with your tutor if you're a "partner"
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending