The Student Room Group

GSK graduate application 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by malpkami
I've asked the recruiting team about this status thing and I was told that it means that my application is under review...

my hope is beginning to fade as well :frown: I really wanted to get into this scheme as I want to explore the jobs within regulatory affairs and there are just no junior positions...

Same, really wanted the sales and marketing programme because there aren't many pharma's doing grad schemes for that department.. The least they can do is reject me asap so that tiny bit of hope is gone...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 81
Original post by KenichiLeNoir
I too have been informed of this..

Basically the communications assessment centre has been filled with candidates whose interviews have been reviewed BUT mine (and I'm presuming everyone else's) haven't even been looked at yet. When I asked as to how they've determined the candidates that their application reviewed first, the excuse was "the communications scheme was very popular"..

I believe this implies the scheme operates on a first come, first served basis (in which case WHY wouldn't they just stop accepting applications after a certain quota has been filled!?)

ANNNNYWAY... The point I'm getting to is that, unless they prioritised those who applied first to review first & therefore invite to assessment centre, those randomly chosen have been done so out of pot luck it seems.

If so, I applied 6 days after the post opened - I doubt they became oversubscribed in such a short window..

I don't mind being sacked off for being sub-standard but to be sacked off without having my interview looked at? Behave!

The scheme is not run on the first come, first served basis as my friend applied on the closing day for the same scheme and got video interview pretty much straight away... I think they must be looking for specific keywords/qualifications (1st) in the application and candidates with that get their video interview first.

Hopefully we are still not completely rejected and maybe we will be given a chance to shine in the video interview if the candidates so far were not that good....
I applied for Health Outcomes. I finished my 3 online tests but am not confident! How long did you guys have to wait to hear more?
Hi guys, just wondering who else has been invited to the consumer sales and marketing assessment centre? :smile:
vaccine program anybody??
Original post by shatanikm
vaccine program anybody??

Oh I almost applied for that one! Good luck.

What grad schemes is everyone applying for outside of GSK?
why didnt you?
Original post by shatanikm
why didnt you?

Because I read that I could only apply for one programme and I think I have a better chance at getting Health Outcomes. I have not vaccine research extra to my degree but I completed a NICE student scheme that was relevant to this one
Reply 88
Anyone made it to the AC?
Nope. My assessment centre is held on 1st and 2nd Dec so its getting close.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied for finance and was told by email (7th Nov) that my video interview would be reviewed, and if successful, I would be invited to a 2 day assessment centre on the 24th/25th. Still haven't heard anything and tomorrow is the last working day before those dates, so I'm not very optimistic. Anyone else applied to finance and heard back about the assessment centre on 24th/25th?
Original post by vilefor
I applied for finance and was told by email (7th Nov) that my video interview would be reviewed, and if successful, I would be invited to a 2 day assessment centre on the 24th/25th. Still haven't heard anything and tomorrow is the last working day before those dates, so I'm not very optimistic. Anyone else applied to finance and heard back about the assessment centre on 24th/25th?

That does not leave me with much hope. Maybe you should call them?
Reply 92
Original post by vilefor

I think you should call them today and find out what's happening!
Original post by metroid
I think you should call them today and find out what's happening!

Well I called them a couple of days ago and they said they were yet to review my interview. Taken the advice here and called them again, and it turns out they've filled all the spots for that assessment centre but I could still be invited to a future one. At least it isn't a rejection! Still, would have been nice of them to let me know. Its extra annoying because I've had to reschedule an interview with another company on the chance that I might have been invited...

They also said it was first come first served which I find hard to believe because I applied on the day applications opened and did my video interview the second day after receiving the invite. I can't imagine many would have been much quicker! Not impressed with their HR.
Hi

Hope you guys are well iv applied for the Regulatory affairs role i was wondering if anyone could give me examples of what came up in the video interview and how best to prepare for it.??
Original post by vilefor
Well I called them a couple of days ago and they said they were yet to review my interview. Taken the advice here and called them again, and it turns out they've filled all the spots for that assessment centre but I could still be invited to a future one. At least it isn't a rejection! Still, would have been nice of them to let me know. Its extra annoying because I've had to reschedule an interview with another company on the chance that I might have been invited...

They also said it was first come first served which I find hard to believe because I applied on the day applications opened and did my video interview the second day after receiving the invite. I can't imagine many would have been much quicker! Not impressed with their HR.

Thats poor from GSK. Looking at previous threads I think there seems to be a trend each year.
Original post by vilefor

Exact same thing with me - applied six days after the opening. After speaking on the phone with them and then emailing to ascertain how it could be based on first come first served, I've received no answer from HR...

Just received a generic rejection email as the first round assessment centre is today.

I'd liken GSK to a decent girl in a club surrounded by her bitchy, cynical friends - if you're able to get past the Fekkers (HR) you'll have a great time. Trouble is getting past 'em it seems.

Ah well, on to the next one.
Reply 97
Hey! I applied to HO too. Just got an email to say I passed the online assessment stage, now just got to wait to see if they like my application! Reading the threads on here doesn't appear to be as many people applying for HO as Gov&Comms so hopefully it won't be first come first served!

I hope you hear back soon! :smile:
Hey, does anyone know the assessment centre dates for health outcomes applicants?
Original post by LEVITICUS
Hey, does anyone know the assessment centre dates for health outcomes applicants?

I dont know but the closing date for applications was a lot later than some of the other programs.

My application status has disappeared now, where it used to say I passed the online tests! Presume this means they are reviewing my application.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending