The Student Room Group

GSK graduate application 2015

Hi there,

Just wanted to post to see if anyone has applied to GSK this year and what their experiences were like:wink:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No one? Has anyone else got an interview?
Yes, I've done the application form and the three tests. Had an email saying I passed the tests. Waiting to hear more.

Few questions for you: What scheme did you go for? Do you know how competitive it is? Do you know what the different stages are? And do you know what the starting salary is?
Reply 3
Hey Eboracum, when did you send in your app and the tests?

From what I hear they have changed the process a little bit, compared to previous years. I tried to get information on that, but no luck. I believe those tests where new definitely. I think the next stage should be an interview of some sorts. Salary is about 26k from what I know, tho it might depend on the scheme?

I dont know how competitive it will be, but I imagine it should be fairly competitive!

What scheme did you apply for?
Original post by metroid
Hey Eboracum, when did you send in your app and the tests?

From what I hear they have changed the process a little bit, compared to previous years. I tried to get information on that, but no luck. I believe those tests where new definitely. I think the next stage should be an interview of some sorts. Salary is about 26k from what I know, tho it might depend on the scheme?

I dont know how competitive it will be, but I imagine it should be fairly competitive!

What scheme did you apply for?

Hey man. Just got your message, thought I'd respond on here. I applied about 10 days ago. Did the application form, then the three tests, got an email to say I'd passed about a week ago, and another about four/five days ago saying they were now going through applications. That's all I know

I don't really know much about the industry/business. I'm just a final year student applying for everything from Masters programs/car companies/energy/government and this. Will have a crack at AstraZeneca when their scheme opens as well.

Applying for Communications and Govt Affairs. You?
Reply 5
Yeah I got the same as well. I with the RA scheme.

I wonder if there are other people applying on these forums
Original post by metroid

Sorry what is the RA scheme?

Yeah. You a final year student?
Hey, how did you find the online tests? I've just completed mine and thought they were different from any others I had completed..i.e. no time limit and no set number of questions.
Reply 8
RA = regulatory affairs.

Studentx - the tests were a bit different to the norm. Did you hear back re the tests and your application?
Reply 9
Health Outcomes
I applied for the Communication and Gov Affairs programme Oct 17th and have just been invited to have a video interview which has to be done before Friday...
Has anyone had any experience of this?

Also does anyone know what the Gov affairs part of the programme actually involves? There is very little information on their website.
Original post by metroid
RA = regulatory affairs.

Studentx - the tests were a bit different to the norm. Did you hear back re the tests and your application?

Yes I heard back pretty much straight away to say that I had passed the online tests and they are reviewing my application. Have you heard anything more yet?
Reply 12
Original post by kit-kat92
I applied for the Communication and Gov Affairs programme Oct 17th and have just been invited to have a video interview which has to be done before Friday...

Also does anyone know what the Gov affairs part of the programme actually involves? There is very little information on their website.

Congrats on that! I hear its just a normal competency interview... Have you attempted it yet?
Reply 13
Original post by studentx123
Yes I heard back pretty much straight away to say that I had passed the online tests and they are reviewing my application. Have you heard anything more yet?

Nothing yet :frown:
Reply 14
I submitted my application yesterday, done all 3 tests today and received an email saying I passed the online tests. They are now looking through my application form. Anyone know what happens after this stage?
Original post by metroid

Hey man. Just had a rejection. So disappointed as I'd be good for the Communications and Govt affairs as a Politics student and I worked hard on my answers on the application form. Really disappointed.

Still, onwards and upwards. Best of luck with yours.
Reply 16
Original post by kit-kat92

Well I imagine that various the pharmaceutical and health industry are quite regulated by civil servants and ministers? I imagine the position would require you to communicate with the relevant people, and ensure the company is up to date with relevant policies?

This is a wild guess,I know nothing about the scheme.
Reply 17
Original post by Yawn11
Well I imagine that various the pharmaceutical and health industry are quite regulated by civil servants and ministers? I imagine the position would require you to communicate with the relevant people, and ensure the company is up to date with relevant policies?

This is a wild guess,I know nothing about the scheme.

Hey Yawn, did you hear back from GSK?
Reply 18
Original post by metroid
Hey Yawn, did you hear back from GSK?

Not recently, no. Have you?
Reply 19
Original post by Yawn11
Not recently, no. Have you?

Me neither.. what scheme did you apply to?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending