The Student Room Group

He gets very jealous.

I have been dating a guy for about 3 months, we are not official. He is very nice and sweet and he has some very good points about him if that makes sense and I really like him!

The issue is that I have a couple of guy friends who I'm pretty close to, they are only friends, nothing sexual has ever happened between us but he seems to get very very jealous. Today for example I gave my friend a lift to work and what my friend was wearing was kind of funny so I took a picture and put it on Facebook, there was nothing in it, it was just a joke.

This guy who I am dating then messages me and says to me ''Don't speak to me today ok'' and I said ''why?'' and he said ''Just don't speak to me, go and speak to K'' (I'll call the other guy K).

He does this quite a lot and then messages me later on apologising for being that way with me. The last time this happened was on Friday and he then messaged me on Saturday saying how he was so sorry for being that way with me and I should be allowed to have male friends and that I am so beautiful etc etc.

Having spoken to him before it seemed to be that if I wanted to be with him then I'm not allowed to hang out with those particular friends, I said to him that isn't going to happen. He then said that he had thought about it and it's ok for me to have those friends. (This was in the beginning of us getting 'together').

I like him soooooo much but I'm not going to dump my friends over him, I have known these people since I was like 9. It's really starting to get to me because when he gets that way I will tell him that's fine we're over but then he comes back and apologises and I tend to forgive him.

I'm confused and idk what he wants from me. Is it bad for me to still be close to my childhood friends? or does he seem a bit controlling.
He is controlling, manipulative, and attention-seeking. I do not see this improving, having known similar guys in the past. I'd say to cut your losses - you'll find someone you like just as much who doesn't have these tendencies.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Awh.:frown: You need to make it clear to him that, despite how much you like him, you're NOT dumping your friends for him. If he can't get over his jealousy issues, then you'd be better off finding someone else :frown: You don't want him to slowly start cutting you off from your friends. :no:
Reply 3
I think you should talk to him and reassure him that you want him and not your friends! Maybe he'll change and his jealousy may go away once you reassure him but you certainly shouldn't give you up on your friends. He has to accept that you have a social life. Good luck and I hope everything works out for you.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending