The Student Room Group

Liverpool GEM (A101) 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SpringNicht
Happy days, I've passed the 1st stage of selection! They're now looking at PS and reference to determine if I'm good enough to interview.

Well done! What was your GAMSAT score again? I have to say I am rather surprised about how slow they seem to be in sending out the you meet or you dont meet the gamsat cut off email, but I suppose they are only just beginning to round off the undergraduate interviews.
Original post by TranquilRawr
Well done! What was your GAMSAT score again? I have to say I am rather surprised about how slow they seem to be in sending out the you meet or you dont meet the gamsat cut off email, but I suppose they are only just beginning to round off the undergraduate interviews.

65 (66, 65, 65) so I was fairly confident that I'd hit it, it's still a big relief to find out that I've not accidentally missed one of their other requirements! Hopefully they like my PS and reference enough now, it's just going to be a really long waiting game until late january.
65 (66, 65, 65) so I was fairly confident that I'd hit it, it's still a big relief to find out that I've not accidentally missed one of their other requirements! Hopefully they like my PS and reference enough now, it's just going to be a really long waiting game until late january.

Well looks like I will be playing that waiting game with you now! Just got my email saying I meet the Gamsat cut off as well. Mid January is going to be an uber long wait now don't you think? The waitining to see if they like the personal statment is going to be scary!
Well looks like I will be playing that waiting game with you now! Just got my email saying I meet the Gamsat cut off as well. Mid January is going to be an uber long wait now don't you think? The waitining to see if they like the personal statment is going to be scary!

I know, I wish they'd tell us how competitive stage 2 is! I wonder what the cut off was this year, it was 56 last year right?
I know, I wish they'd tell us how competitive stage 2 is! I wonder what the cut off was this year, it was 56 last year right?

Yeah 56 with 50 in each section was what they told me. Well we can safely say it is at least 61 if not lower that is for sure. Well we might find out at selection center or at the very least we will be able to guess based on how many days of MMi's they run and how many people will be at each day. Think there is like 20-27 places for A101 right?
Yeah 56 with 50 in each section was what they told me. Well we can safely say it is at least 61 if not lower that is for sure. Well we might find out at selection center or at the very least we will be able to guess based on how many days of MMi's they run and how many people will be at each day. Think there is like 20-27 places for A101 right?

27 for A101, so maybe 35-40 offers?

I'd be interested to know how many applications they got this time, I know they said a 40% increase in applicants but whether that's including undergrads is up in the air.
27 for A101, so maybe 35-40 offers?

I'd be interested to know how many applications they got this time, I know they said a 40% increase in applicants but whether that's including undergrads is up in the air.

Depends on where else people have applied and who sends out offers first I guess. But at least we have christmas knowing we are not rejected just yet. Wonder who else on here has gotten past stage 1?
Depends on where else people have applied and who sends out offers first I guess. But at least we have christmas knowing we are not rejected just yet. Wonder who else on here has gotten past stage 1?

Hopefully a few of us, then we can all try and teach each other how to do an MMI :tongue:
Reply 88

I have! Big relief :smile:

Hey, I have too! I've admittedly been lurking in the shadows on this forum for a while, wasn't feeling too confident about it all so just been keeping quiet haha! Congrats to all those passing stage 1!
Original post by tlrobinson
Hey, I have too! I've admittedly been lurking in the shadows on this forum for a while, wasn't feeling too confident about it all so just been keeping quiet haha! Congrats to all those passing stage 1!

Original post by gre92
I have! Big relief :smile:

Congratulations to you both! And yeah I don't understand why but liverpool A101 course seems to have the most people who lurk for info but hold back in the shadows, not a bad thing per say just seems to happen most compared to other threads. But I expect more will come forward as they get past further stages, has the benefit that we can directly stop each other from going crazy with the wait. Failing that we can all descend into the insanity of waiting together!
Congrats guys! Just got my email saying I passed the first stage, my GAMSAT was only 59 so I must have literally just scraped in!
Reply 92
I've got 63 GAMSAT but haven't heard anything yet! Fingers crossed
I got 56 in the GAMSAT and also got the email so this was a big surprise. Does anyone know how many get invited for interview?
Original post by FATchristopher
I got 56 in the GAMSAT and also got the email so this was a big surprise. Does anyone know how many get invited for interview?

They may have kept last years GAMSAT cut off in place then. It will probably depend with the interview as well as it seems graduates who applied for the A100 as well as or instead of A101 are having interview/MMI done with the A101 exclusive graduate cohort.
Reply 95
They may have kept last years GAMSAT cut off in place then. It will probably depend with the interview as well as it seems graduates who applied for the A100 as well as or instead of A101 are having interview/MMI done with the A101 exclusive graduate cohort.

Passed the first stage with lower than 56 :P
Original post by p90rsk
Passed the first stage with lower than 56 :P

Yay! Congrats, what a good thing to start the new year on!
Reply 97
Hi, hope everyones applications are going well. I had a notification from ucas a few days ago saying that my Liverpool application has been unsuccessful but I haven't had any emails from the uni since I applied. I've emailed them but just haven't heard anything, and there's nothing in my junk folder. Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks
Original post by lydster1
Hi, hope everyones applications are going well. I had a notification from ucas a few days ago saying that my Liverpool application has been unsuccessful but I haven't had any emails from the uni since I applied. I've emailed them but just haven't heard anything, and there's nothing in my junk folder. Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks

I'd give them a ring, they wouldn't have been working before yesterday would they? At least you can double check that way, since from what I remember you had a high GAMSAT and I haven't heard of any other rejections yet :confused:
Reply 99
I'd give them a ring, they wouldn't have been working before yesterday would they? At least you can double check that way, since from what I remember you had a high GAMSAT and I haven't heard of any other rejections yet :confused:

Yeah good plan. I find it hard to ring because I work full time at a hospital which has absolutely no reception! But will try on my way home today. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest