The Student Room Group

Liverpool GEM (A101) 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Okay well I couldn't handle not being 100% sure and I rang up and when I asked to check that they'd received my confirmation of attendance. She said that as long as you're coming on the day then that's all that matters, they only really need responses from people who can't attend.

Good Luck everyone :smile:
Original post by Corkscrew94
Okay well I couldn't handle not being 100% sure and I rang up and when I asked to check that they'd received my confirmation of attendance. She said that as long as you're coming on the day then that's all that matters, they only really need responses from people who can't attend.

Good Luck everyone :smile:

Ah well that is good. That was slightly confusing but at least we now know. Thanks for the update, now for the wait for the MMI info email.
Reply 122
Hello,

I have an interview on the 25th too. Since the original email offering me an interview I haven't heard anything else off the university regarding the MMI format? Is this the same for everybody?

Cheers.
Original post by jt1001
Hello,

I have an interview on the 25th too. Since the original email offering me an interview I haven't heard anything else off the university regarding the MMI format? Is this the same for everybody?

Cheers.

I emailed a few days ago as I'm the same as you but on the 24th.

Bit worried as I don't feel I can prep properly until I know. I hope we don't have to prepare a presentation or anything in just two weeks :eek:

They said they would get back to us this week with format and location details. :smile:
Original post by michelle0401

Bit worried as I don't feel I can prep properly until I know. I hope we don't have to prepare a presentation or anything in just two weeks :eek:

They said they would get back to us this week with format and location details. :smile:

Makes sense. Most of the undergrads they seem to be giving 1-2 weeks notice so it would be the same formula they are sticking to. I was under the impression the MMI's were being held in the crypts of the catholic cathedral, better not move them now, I had got use to the really weird irony it would bring to the interview haha.
Reply 125

I'm the same on 24th and was hoping for the email yesterday as that's 2 weeks :frown: hopefully we will have it by the end of the week, especially those of us who have an interview nearer the beginning of the interview week. Does anyone know how many people roughly they interview? :smile:
Original post by RLC2305
I'm the same on 24th and was hoping for the email yesterday as that's 2 weeks :frown: hopefully we will have it by the end of the week, especially those of us who have an interview nearer the beginning of the interview week. Does anyone know how many people roughly they interview? :smile:

Referring back to that link I posted a few weeks back with loads of random stats given under the freedom of information act someone requested. Apparently for 2012, 2013 and 2014 respectively they interviewed 87, 98 and 65 graduates for the A101 course. I would assume the number is probably toward the latter number, considering there is what 28/29 places this year and everyone seems to have either 9 or 10am on 24th or 25th that would certainly limit the number they could interview.

I am with you there hoping that there would be an email. But as long as I have at least a week to prep I will be happy. Just got to go with the flow, don't stress to much and you will be fine. :smile:
Reply 127
Ah that's great thanks! Sorry I didn't see your link from before.. Are interviews only on 24th and 25th then? Mines at 2pm, so not sure how many they're doing all day? Just hoping for some good odds :smile:

Do you know if we need refs or anything from places were we worked/volunteered as a week is a bit short notice for that? Haha, got my fingers crossed, the not stressing part is slightly tricky at times!! :smile:
Original post by RLC2305
Ah that's great thanks! Sorry I didn't see your link from before.. Are interviews only on 24th and 25th then? Mines at 2pm, so not sure how many they're doing all day? Just hoping for some good odds :smile:

Do you know if we need refs or anything from places were we worked/volunteered as a week is a bit short notice for that? Haha, got my fingers crossed, the not stressing part is slightly tricky at times!! :smile:

Ah right your the first one to have mentioned about a time other than 9am or 10am...interesting. I know there is a tour of the medical school for people getting interviewed at midday but other than that I am not sure. I would assume they probably don't want any. Nottingham wanted contact details but Swansea didn't for work exp and volunteering. I would assume by now that as you have an offer and its only 2 ish weeks away that they probably don't ask for them.

Haha maybe a bit of indulgence in some TV or Netflix series is in order? I say indulge, what I mean is binge. >:3
I have mine at 11AM, so there's probably a lot of applicants?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 130
I think maybe they have 9am, 10am, 11am and then 2pm, 3pm and 4pm sessions but that is a complete guess. If it's only tuesday and wednesday then they have to cram everyone in anyways. Hoping they aren't interviewing that many people! aha.Yea, I hope they don't as it seems a bit cheeky to ask for it so late...

Haha, for sure, major binge required! Especially after the interview, that will be the plan for the rest of the week... :biggrin:
My understanding was they had interviews all week?
Is it 8 interviewees per MMI?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Offer from Birmingham so withdrew.

Good luck everyone!! One more space for you guys :smile:
Original post by Rosser1994
My understanding was they had interviews all week?
Is it 8 interviewees per MMI?

Posted from TSR Mobile

6, according to the email :smile:
Original post by SpringNicht
6, according to the email :smile:

Which email? The MMI one didn't say, at least the one I got didn't...
Original post by TranquilRawr
Which email? The MMI one didn't say, at least the one I got didn't...

It was in the one from yesterday with all the attachments, 7 stations but there'll only be 6 people assigned to each circuit.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SpringNicht
It was in the one from yesterday with all the attachments, 7 stations but there'll only be 6 people assigned to each circuit because people need to do the prep station before the ethics one.

Hmmm going to email them now. Haven't received that...
Offer from Birmingham so withdrew.

Good luck everyone!! One more space for you guys :smile:

Well done! Hope it goes great come September! :smile:
I've not had another email either, has anyone else received this?
Original post by Corkscrew94
I've not had another email either, has anyone else received this?

Another guy at my Barts interview yesterday got it when I did, we're both in the same MMI so maybe that's why?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending