The Student Room Group

When should I send my application off?

I've decided to apply for chemical engineering at various universities, but I have yet to complete my UCAS application. Should I do this ASAP? After reading a few threads on here and seeing the potential medics at my school talking about university and stuff, it's causing me to have a panic attack. Should November the 1st be my absolute self set deadline?
You've got til 15th jan and it doesn't matter when you apply before that :smile:
Reply 2
Okay, thanks. I'll try not to fret over this.
Mate,make your personal statement as good as possible(and the other components as well).Take your time!
Reply 4
Should I send it off during mid-November then? My teacher advised me not to send it off too late (like January) since I might have a problem with my application. It's also common sense to not leave it till that late either. Would early December be more reasonable?
Original post by mizuvoid
Should I send it off during mid-November then? My teacher advised me not to send it off too late (like January) since I might have a problem with my application. It's also common sense to not leave it till that late either. Would early December be more reasonable?

Well yes,Sounds reasonable.I am sending mine by mid December.Have my first term exams and will get better predicted grades.Finishing off my personal statement by the end of this month!
Reply 6
Original post by Skill Twix
Well yes,Sounds reasonable.I am sending mine by mid December.Have my first term exams and will get better predicted grades.Finishing off my personal statement by the end of this month!
First term exams? All my exams are in May or June or something for A2. Maybe because I'm from Wales though.

I guess my application can hang around for a bit. I'll look more deeply into the universities in the meantime. Thanks for taking some stress off me :smile:
First term exams? All my exams are in May or June or something for A2. Maybe because I'm from Wales though.

I guess my application can hang around for a bit. I'll look more deeply into the universities in the meantime. Thanks for taking some stress off me :smile:

I meant college internal exams(not the external ones).
Reply 8
I meant college internal exams(not the external ones).
Ahh, okay, that makes sense :smile:
Ahh, okay, that makes sense :smile:

Good luck!
Reply 10
Good luck!
Thanks, you too!
Reply 11
Make sure it's right before you send it off, but having said that, if you're more likely to get a quick response (either way) if you send it off earlier. One of my friends has applied for engineering and within the first week, he received 2 offers. If you leave it until really late (around January), you'll be fighting with all of the other remaining applicants for the last few places. But getting your application to a high quality is far more important than getting it in early :smile: And ignore the medics, their application process usually takes longest as they've got to wait for their pre-admissions tests to be sent to their chosen unis, and then wait for an interview - most other subjects usually get a response far quicker
Naturally, medics are going to be much further along in their UCAS, considering the deadline for them is in two days.

Send it off when you're happy with it. It's not advised to leave it too late otherwise you might find you have x problem and only a handful of days to do it. Your school may also be busy with a large amount of students trying to send it off in the final couple of weeks.
My school has some kind of weird policy that all the UCAS gets sent off at Halloween (excluding the earlies). I'm okay with it because I'm close to finished, but my friend recently changed her mind over courses (nursing to biomed) and she is majorly freaking out because she has to restart her whole personal statement.

My advice would be to get it sent off sometime mid- or early-December. Don't rush your application. It won't help anything.:3
Just so you know, some unis have already handed out offers, so perhaps the sooner the better in my opinion. Just for your peace of mind i guess ahha :smile:
Original post by afterallthistime
Just so you know, some unis have already handed out offers, so perhaps the sooner the better in my opinion. Just for your peace of mind i guess ahha :smile:

I'm sorry, but your username is compelling me to do this.....

"Always."

I apologise if your username is not the reference that I think it is. :P
Original post by crozibear96
I'm sorry, but your username is compelling me to do this.....

"Always."

I apologise if your username is not the reference that I think it is. :P

It most certainly is :smile:

Finally someone gets it. I feel like we just became friends.
Original post by afterallthistime
It most certainly is :smile:

Finally someone gets it. I feel like we just became friends.

Aw, yis!^_^

Wooo! Fandom friends are forever.
Original post by crozibear96
Aw, yis!^_^

Wooo! Fandom friends are forever.

Always

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending