The Student Room Group

Do I apply to more than one sixth form?

I'm in year 11 right now and I'm preparing an application for a sixth form college that I really want to go to as we speak but I don't know anyone who's been to sixth form so I don't know if I'm supposed to apply to more than one. Nobody has mentioned whether I should or not but a few of my friends have mentioned that they are going to.

What I want to know is if it's a regular and expected thing? How many should I apply to to be safe? And when is the right time to refuse them if more than one have offered you a place?
Original post by Sophie0:)
I'm in year 11 right now and I'm preparing an application for a sixth form college that I really want to go to as we speak but I don't know anyone who's been to sixth form so I don't know if I'm supposed to apply to more than one. Nobody has mentioned whether I should or not but a few of my friends have mentioned that they are going to.

What I want to know is if it's a regular and expected thing? How many should I apply to to be safe? And when is the right time to refuse them if more than one have offered you a place?

I'm in year 11 too, and am applying for 3 max.
Yes, you CAN just apply to one, but I would recommend 2 or 3, just in case.
Are your applying online? or throughout paper application?
Reply 2
Original post by STUDYREVISE
I'm in year 11 too, and am applying for 3 max.
Yes, you CAN just apply to one, but I would recommend 2 or 3, just in case.
Are your applying online? or throughout paper application?

I am doing it online (that way if I make any mistakes I can change it quickly!) but if you get accepted by more than one when is the right time to refuse the place?
Original post by Sophie0:)
I am doing it online (that way if I make any mistakes I can change it quickly!) but if you get accepted by more than one when is the right time to refuse the place?

Oh, okay, so your doing it through UCAS Progress?
I'm pretty sure that when you apply, and go for your interview, you get either a conditional or an unconditional offer. You choose the college you want to go on enrolment day (which is GCSE result day).

Quick Reply

Latest