The Student Room Group

Accounting & Finance 2015 Applicants and Offers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fbrep2012
I applied only for A&F

Ahh cool, will have some of the same modules then
Went with my unconditional offer at Aston to study Bsc Finance. :biggrin:
(Predicted) Alevel grades - A*A*A - in Chemistry, Biology & Physics respectively.
Although, I'm having second thoughts about my choice (Will it hinder my chances of getting into Investment banking?!) but i really liked the aston atmosphere, v. small and near city centre.
anyone else firming Aston?
Original post by Ridwan1473
Went with my unconditional offer at Aston to study Bsc Finance. :biggrin:
(Predicted) Alevel grades - A*A*A - in Chemistry, Biology & Physics respectively.
Although, I'm having second thoughts about my choice (Will it hinder my chances of getting into Investment banking?!) but i really liked the aston atmosphere, v. small and near city centre.
anyone else firming Aston?

Why Aston when you have grades like those? Is it because of the lack of Maths?

Your A-level grades (if achieved) would be very competitive but doing the subject at Aston may hinder you somewhat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Why Aston when you have grades like those? Is it because of the lack of Maths?

Your A-level grades (if achieved) would be very competitive but doing the subject at Aston may hinder you somewhat.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah basically, the lack of math alevel prevented me from applying to unis like Warwick/sheffield/reading. Although i did get into UoB and Nottingham...not sure why i declined 😥 im planning on going through clearing (or take a gap year) if i do actually achieve those grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile
A & F at Sheffield can't wait!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, i am applying for entry in 2016, for A&F, and am predicted A*(maths)B,B(physics\economics). I would love to got to warwick yet their typical offer is triple A do you think it is worth applying to universities with triple A offers?, do you think they will give me offers with such predictions? Would love to hear any first hand experiences. Thank you
Reply 226
Original post by Yavish13
Hi, i am applying for entry in 2016, for A&F, and am predicted A*(maths)B,B(physics\economics). I would love to got to warwick yet their typical offer is triple A do you think it is worth applying to universities with triple A offers?, do you think they will give me offers with such predictions? Would love to hear any first hand experiences. Thank you

Yes still try one or two AAA unis.... depending on where they are in the league tables and stats on which uni/what uni, you can get an idea of how lenient they are with grades
Hi guys I'm going to apply for A&F, my predicted grades are A (economics) A (geography) A/B (Maths) D* (btec subsidary diploma business studies), I have a strong ps with very relevant work experience at a big IB. Thinking of applying to warwick, cass, bath, surrey and loughborough. I really want to go to LSE but know my grades aren't good enough. Am i choosing the right Unis or will i not get into these with most having entry requirements of AAA? Thanks a lot in advance.
is anyone applying to accounting and management at queen mary, kent or royal holloway or . im also very confused about whether to do accounting and finance or accounting & management, as i dont have a level maths, so i think i might stuggle on A&F. is accounting and finance maths heavy? or does it depend on the uni ?
i do economics, business and psychology and predicated AAB, what are good unis in london that do accounting and finance that dont need a level maths? or even accounting and management ?

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by saran12
is anyone applying to accounting and management at queen mary, kent or royal holloway or . im also very confused about whether to do accounting and finance or accounting & management, as i dont have a level maths, so i think i might stuggle on A&F. is accounting and finance maths heavy? or does it depend on the uni ?
i do economics, business and psychology and predicated AAB, what are good unis in london that do accounting and finance that dont need a level maths? or even accounting and management ?

I'm in the same boat as you, im stuck between Queen Marys and City.
gd luck! ive gotten offers from bath and warwick but im still waiting for my other 3
Original post by fbrep2012
Sending off my UCAS application this week for Accounting and Finance/Financial Management. I've applied to Loughborough Uni, Uni of Birmingham, Uni of Southampton, Uni of Sheffield and Uni of Portsmouth.

How have your applications been getting on... any offers?

Hey guys, need help. Long story short, applied in October for medicine, but now want to change to accounting and finance. I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to reapply completely for a new course. I applied to 5 unis, got 1 offer and 1 rejection. Im predicted 3A*1A., and wanted to know if I can still to apply to top unis? Thank you.
Reply 232
Original post by malcolmDR
Hey guys, need help. Long story short, applied in October for medicine, but now want to change to accounting and finance. I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to reapply completely for a new course. I applied to 5 unis, got 1 offer and 1 rejection. Im predicted 3A*1A., and wanted to know if I can still to apply to top unis? Thank you.

Don't think you can... only option would be to reapply next year. Or reject all offers and go into clearing.... Or accept the uni offer, then request to change to accounting after results day (probably the least reliable option)

I was kinda like in your situation 2 years ago. Basically I applied to medicine and got rejected from all unis except my fifth offer which I didn't want to take. So I rejected that offer, which qualified me to enter 'UCAS Extra', I think that opens in February.
In that there was a vacancy for 'Accounting and Finance' in University of Bristol so I applied. Ofcourse my personal statement would not match that degree, so I sent the uni a separate email with my new personal statement.

And I got the offer! Now I am here, second year into my university. So I think my advise is reject ALL the offers you have, go to UCAS Extra, and apply for any A&F vacancies there are. Good luck.
Original post by walkers38
I was kinda like in your situation 2 years ago. Basically I applied to medicine and got rejected from all unis except my fifth offer which I didn't want to take. So I rejected that offer, which qualified me to enter 'UCAS Extra', I think that opens in February.
In that there was a vacancy for 'Accounting and Finance' in University of Bristol so I applied. Ofcourse my personal statement would not match that degree, so I sent the uni a separate email with my new personal statement.

And I got the offer! Now I am here, second year into my university. So I think my advise is reject ALL the offers you have, go to UCAS Extra, and apply for any A&F vacancies there are. Good luck.

What grades did u get in with? How long did it take the unis to answer back? Do you remember if alot of unis (in top 15) had alot of vacancies left? Sorry for the crazy amount of questions haha, im abit stressed but its awesome to know that you did the same as me!
What grades did u get in with? How long did it take the unis to answer back? Do you remember if alot of unis (in top 15) had alot of vacancies left? Sorry for the crazy amount of questions haha, im abit stressed but its awesome to know that you did the same as me!

- I had expected grades of A*A*A. But I got offer by Bristol for AAB. My actual grade later was AAA.
- I got reply back within a week with acceptance of offer
- Not many top unis have vacancies left. but 'Extra' still has better chance than 'Clearing'.

I hope you get in. You have to be on super alert mode, so that as soon as the Extra opens you get the best of the deals.
I want to do accounting and finance at a top university. However, I got a BBCE. A "B" in Economics, "B" in Politics. "C" in History and "E" in Maths. I had to drop Maths and I am now left with Economics, Politics and History. I want to do accounting and finance, without Maths can I still go into a top uni.
P.S: I want to know if this is enough to get into russell group unis such as Loughborough and Birmingham

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending