The Student Room Group

Accounting & Finance 2015 Applicants and Offers

Scroll to see replies

Hey everyone :smile:
I've received offers from 4 universities so far (to study Accounting and Finance):
Nottingham
Reading
Leeds
Newcastle
And I have no idea which two I should choose as my firm and insurance choices. Which are the top ones? Any opinions? I would really appreciate it :smile:)
Reading is very expensive, just the warning, check the costs as well as the reputation.
Original post by Giedre_GB
Hey everyone :smile:
I've received offers from 4 universities so far (to study Accounting and Finance):
Nottingham
Reading
Leeds
Newcastle
And I have no idea which two I should choose as my firm and insurance choices. Which are the top ones? Any opinions? I would really appreciate it :smile:)

No-one seems to be replying, so i thought id give it a shot xD

Id off gone with Newcastle Firm

Newcastle is probably the most prestigious, it is Russel group and current 20th in UK according to the completeuniveristyguide. Ive never been, but looking at the images it looks beautiful, a lot of greenery and old buidlings. Its not that expensive, with an ensuit room at under £4000.

As for the other options, they look very simlar, reading is very expensive and not as prestigious, im not sure its russel group?

I only research for about 20minutes, but this is what i found :smile:

Tell me what you choice!
Original post by Yellow636
No-one seems to be replying, so i thought id give it a shot xD

Id off gone with Newcastle Firm

Newcastle is probably the most prestigious, it is Russel group and current 20th in UK according to the completeuniveristyguide. Ive never been, but looking at the images it looks beautiful, a lot of greenery and old buidlings. Its not that expensive, with an ensuit room at under £4000.

As for the other options, they look very simlar, reading is very expensive and not as prestigious, im not sure its russel group?

I only research for about 20minutes, but this is what i found :smile:

Tell me what you choice!

Thank you! Reading isn't in Russell group but it's ranked 1st by this subject (Guardian) so I guess it's quite good :biggrin: But you're right, it's very expensive.. I was thinking about Nottingham or Leeds as my firm choice and Newcastle as my insurance because they are better ranked by this subject (plus they are in Russell group too).. but I don't know which one is better :biggrin: Decisions decision.. :biggrin: Anyway, I really appreciate your help! :smile:
I have never trusted the Guardians rankings,

They never seem to make any sense, they gave Oxford (2) Careers after 6months a score of 78.7 and then gave Robert Gordon (51) 82.4.

You are more likely to get a job with a degree from Robert Gordon than Oxford? makes sense... xD
Interesting! Thanks!

Accounting is the most popular course to be targeted by employers, i guess that would explain Oxfords lower score, as they do not offer Accounting and Finance
is birmingham university good for accounting and finance? the complete university guide has it so low...
i have an offer there :biggrin:

I thought it was good, it has a partnership degree with KPMG, so it must be rated highly!

Id say its pretty well respected as its a Russel group university too
i have an offer there :biggrin:

I thought it was good, it has a partnership degree with KPMG, so it must be rated highly!

Id say its pretty well respected as its a Russel group university too

what were your AS subjects and what grade did you get in them?

Where do you hope to go? :smile:
Original post by grassntai
what were your AS subjects and what grade did you get in them?

Where do you hope to go? :smile:

My AS subjects were:

Maths A
Chemistry B
Business A
ICT A

Offers from:

Exeter AAA
Durham AAB
Birmingham Unconditional
keele Unconditional

Waiting on EY degree Lancaster.

My firm would be EY degree and if i dont get an offer for that, Durham :smile:

What about you?
Original post by lam12
What do you guys think about the Pwc flying start programme? I guess it's similar to the EY degree?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i preferred the EY degree but there is nothing wrong with the Pwc one.
I didn't really like the universities they offered
Reply 132
You're working with ICAS? You don't like Nottingham? It seems like an okay way to get in, the fees reduce like EY's but EY seems a bit harder to get in

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 133
Lancaster Accounting and Finance unconditional. :smile:
I studied in an American school

AP Chemistry 4
AP Physics 4
AP Psychology 4
AP Chinese 5
Nice one man!

Im firming my Lancaster offer too !

you live in the UK now or US?
Reply 135
Neither actually! Haha I'm from Singapore :biggrin:

I'm guessing that i'll be seeing you there (hopefully!)
Nice one man!

Im firming my Lancaster offer too !

you live in the UK now or US?
You have unconditional so i know you will be going xD

I need to get AAB! Hopefully i will see you there :smile:
Finally received my last offer & on my birthday! :biggrin:

Have offers for: Durham, Exeter, Lancaster, Reading & Cardiff. I don't know which one to put as my firm and insurance :confused: any suggestions?
Reply 138
Ahhhhh, congrats and happy birthday!

I'm being as impartial as possible but I would decide between Durham (for the name) and Lancaster (for the program - especially since Lancs has a really strong Management School).

Original post by JessicaS_

Have offers for: Durham, Exeter, Lancaster, Reading & Cardiff. I don't know which one to put as my firm and insurance :confused: any suggestions?
Original post by JessicaS_

Congratz and Happy Birthday too :biggrin:

I am firming Lancaster and putting Durham as my insurance.

Durham has a better overall name whilst Lancaster has a much better course. I also prefer Lancaster campus than Stocktons Campus @ Durham.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending